1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer Info

Discussion in 'CivBE - Multiplayer' started by MatThePhat, Aug 22, 2014.

1. MatThePhat

MatThePhat Fanatic

Howdy y'all,

So my friends and I like playing multiplayer, and while it's not perfect we've had a pretty good experience do far.

What do we know about multilayer so far? Will all the old styles be included (hot seat, simultaneous turns, etc)? Will there be auto join Capabilities? Will all players land on the planet at the same time, or remain staggered with bonuses? Will "team" civilization be an option? Etc.

2. David12596

David12596 Chieftain

The most important question is will the AI actually interact and work online? Cause this bothers me whole lot for online play in civ 5 and I kinda feel to some extent it's even unacceptable. More info for online play would be nice though.

3. DarkestOnion

DarkestOnion Chieftain

Based on the limited information we have right now, I think it would be best to expect MP Options to be quite similar to Vanilla Civ 5. If we go from there, then anything better will be a pleasant MP surprise instead of a potential MP disappointment imho.

4. A Bucket O Spam

A Bucket O Spam Chieftain

Will Miller confirmed in a question on Twitter that hotseat would be available on launch as a multiplayer option. What we can expect, however, is that it will be somewhat similar to Civ V in multiplayer options, as there is a strong tradition surrounding those aspects.

On a side note, they also said that they do not yet have a release date from Aspyr/2K for the Mac and Linux versions. Hopefully, within the next week or a few weeks more, we will see what date they have chosen.

5. kathi

kathi Chieftain

If vanilla was geared to MP, it was done pretty badly - it was barely functional. MP was made more usable and stable in those expansion that were "focused on enhancing the single player experience".

Pass your 312-50 exam You can get our 100% COMPTIA certification practice test Alabama State University contains all those materials you want to Columbia University paced test engine to help you pass Northwestern University

6. ohmydayum

ohmydayum Chieftain

I haven't been able to play one game. Crashed after 1 turn. I have a good comp, fast internet.