1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer Let's Plays - BuilderFTW

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by BuilderFTW, Dec 31, 2011.

1. tithin

tithin Merely Marauding.

Might be just me but I find it a bit difficult to be in a "permawar" state - I like having time to build up my cities. That being said, I do enjoy watching your videos and hope you put up even more.

2. BuilderFTW

BuilderFTW Warlord

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Here is my take on perma-war, when you are at peace it is easy to build up and do whatever you like, however when you are at war you must balance troop construction with building up. If you dont build up at all (meaning building only army), you are screwed in the long term and if you only build up you are dead in the short term. Making tough balance decisions like these are what I enjoy in a strategy game, I like it when I have to sit back and think really hard about what I want to do.

I understand that fighting ALL THE TIME can get a little annoying, but all in all being at war adds another layer to civ5

3. zyx

zyx Prince

I wonder how Whitman111 and Gimli managed to research machinery faster than you despite the fact that you built the GL and got a free technology. Did they use both their GP as GS and bulbed techs?

I could imagine that it would have been better if Siam had been nearer to the opponents and Egypt had its Capital in a secure position, but generally I would say Greece and France are way better than Siam and Egypt in a Multiplayer game, as the UUs and France's UA in particular are stronger. If it was about who builds the Great Wall first, then Egypt might be an option, but all other early wonders seem like fancy stuff you don't really need in multiplayer, as the game doesn't last that long anyway.

What do you think about building your first city - after your capital - as soon as possible between your capital and your opponents to grow it tall enough to have a decent defense?

Your vids are really fascinating!

4. KiffeLesBiffles

KiffeLesBiffles Do you like dogs?

Yes, they did use GP as GS for machinery. Great wall was baned I think, because it apply to the 2 players.

About building a city between you and the opponent, it is risky because if city falls, you have a disavantage that can lead to the lost. Settling forward for offensive purpose is a good idea.

5. BuilderFTW

BuilderFTW Warlord

They got machinery faster than us because France finishes liberty very quickly- free great scientist for machinery. Also it takes longer to research chivalry than machinery because you need more techs to get there.

6. BuilderFTW

BuilderFTW Warlord

7. BuilderFTW

BuilderFTW Warlord

8. BuilderFTW

BuilderFTW Warlord

9. 19Mellon73

19Mellon73 Chieftain

Thanks for putting them up.
    I love to watch them now and then with a good cup of coffee. :goodjob:

BTW I know the Landsknecht looks like a mouthfull to pronounce, but it's really just like a

Lands - Kight
    Lands - Knecht (in German the "K" didn't become silent tough) ;)

keep 'em coming

10. BuilderFTW

BuilderFTW Warlord

hmm... lands kit is that how it is supposed to be pronounced?

Also, unfortunately I have other stuff going on right now, so (as you may have noticed) I am cutting back on the number of videos I am making. :(

11. 19Mellon73

19Mellon73 Chieftain

KNight, I mean of course.
    Just do it your way, while pronouncing every single letter of "Knecht".
    That will be pretty close.

I will be patiently waiting, thanks ;)

12. BuilderFTW

BuilderFTW Warlord

13. tithin

tithin Merely Marauding.

Well played - are you going to be playing G&K?

14. BuilderFTW

BuilderFTW Warlord

15. BuilderFTW

BuilderFTW Warlord

16. BornSlippy

BornSlippy Warlord

Hey Builder. I hadn't noticed your videos before recently, but I've been watching through a bunch and am really enjoying it. Thank for making these!