Multiplayer / patch advice

Kuupie

Chieftain
Hello everyone!

Me and a friend of mine are currently enjoying FfH again after a long hiatus. We play via Direct IP and are currently experiencing the following problem:
We can only make games work with an archaic D-patch, which makes AI completely imcompetent and hinders our game experience. Other patches we have tried out just crash the joining player to desktop after load.

Does anyone have experience what patch / tweak we could use to use as up to date FfH as possible to get more balanced/challenging gaming experience?

Thanks in advance.

I advise you to try Tholal's More Naval AI mod. I've played it in multiplayer myself, and it seemed perfectly stable. The AI are a lot more competent (They can actually use boats!) and it has a variety of other changes that more-or-less make it what you asked for. Enjoy.

Thanks Moon, Tholal's has worked fine for us.

Still asking if anyone has gotten the latest / quite new patches to work in multiplayer? Playing with D-patch really limits our use of modmods/new civs etc. Would love to be able to play some newer version of FFH. Any tips?

Thanks Moon, Tholal's has worked fine for us.

Still asking if anyone has gotten the latest / quite new patches to work in multiplayer? Playing with D-patch really limits our use of modmods/new civs etc. Would love to be able to play some newer version of FFH. Any tips?

What is it that you're looking for? If you're playing my mod then you're playing FFH2 patch O.

Hi Tholal

I was under the impression that your mod only modifies the AI. We tried to play some multiplayer with latest patch (p-patch I think) but the joining players game would crash everytime when the game setup was at "finishing". We downgraded to h-patch as someone on the forums mentioned it would work for MP. Still crashed for us. So then we installed d-patch found in my old installation folder. That worked. Only modification we have done after that is installing your AI-patch. We tried to add flavor with new civ mods and more events mod but they all either caused errors or just plain bugged. F.ex. with more events mod you could build every other civilizations hero once you obtained the tech. I would think the problems are because our FFH is so old.

I was under the impression that your mod only modifies the AI.

That's the main goal, but it also fixes a ton of bugs and other various issues.

So then we installed d-patch found in my old installation folder. That worked. Only modification we have done after that is installing your AI-patch.

By installing my mod, you basically re-upgraded to patch O, even though you were installing it on top of patch D. My mod includes all the official updates through patch O.

We tried to add flavor with new civ mods and more events mod but they all either caused errors or just plain bugged. F.ex. with more events mod you could build every other civilizations hero once you obtained the tech. I would think the problems are because our FFH is so old.

I see. The issue is that the mods you are trying to install are old. They were likely never updated for patch O, and most definitely not updated for my mod (which may also cause issues because I've changed a lot of internal code).

Hi

Thanks for clearing this up for us Tholal. Sad that we cant add any features, but functioning AI is much more important in the end. Are you still working on your mod? AI still seems very passive, especially in siege situations. Still light years better than FFH's original AI, so thanks a million. :goodjob:

Top Bottom