Multiplayer using openvpn 0 disconnects

It didn't work friend...I must have forgotten something, although I believe I followed everything.
1. Have him install
2. Put client in Config
3. Put other 3 files whereever and fix paths. I put them in config as well
4.Fix Metric, to 5
5. Allow firewalls.
6. Make the adapters priority
7. Connect to each other

We do connect to each other, I can see his game, but when I try to connect it says "error joining multiplayer session"...so I have no idea.

"beta" gives "error joining multiplayer session" so the only way to play CIv 5 for me is with evolve 15 minutes at the time...Think I'm going back to Civ 4.

And without the beta now it says the same thing... sigh, something got changed in all of this updating and switching adapters, Now normal evolve doesn't even work anymore lol. Civ 5 is so damn frustrating. Can't even play with the 15 minutes kick out time anymore.

BTW... for some reason I've never been able to host a game. Pressing the button doesn't do anything. I've googled this online and many have it nothing has been done that I could find.

Does anyone know how to get the game to use the VPN when the server is on MacOsX?

I have used Tunnelblick to set up the server on the Mac Os X, and my friend who is on Windows can connect. We can ping each other on 10.8.0.1/2 and all that.

But we don't see each others games.

We set the metric of the network interface to 5, but that didn't seem to help.

It seems to me that Mac Os X sets the metric of all interfaces to 0 per default, so I assume that setting it to 5 is actually counterproductive, correct?

We tried both with 5 and the defaults as well as 5 on the Windows client only.

Is there any other mechanism to make the game try the correct IP range?

6. Change the metric for the connection created by openvpn to something small..like “5” (otherwise you will not be able to see the game created due to the broadcast not going where it should)

Could you please explain what this means? What's "the metric" and how do you change it?

I'm having trouble with knowing who's ip to put in the client.opvn [ip] section and also how to modify the metric of the TAP adapter.

Top Bottom