Multiplayer

Ok let's get back to topic. This thread has turned into a workshop on commercial law and not talking about MP details.

I too think that civ5 MP had its flaws with crashing. I am hoping that the experience with the civ5 engine will mean they can build on what they know. I would like a hottest option, which technically should be quite easy. I would also like to find fames open to just jump into and out of in Steam. And finally some voip chat/video for the player to player live negotiation. So you actually see the leaderhead you are talking to and don't have to wait a turn to see if they like of dislike your offer. Slooooooow.

Ok let's get back to topic. This thread has turned into a workshop on commercial law and not talking about MP details.

I too think that civ5 MP had its flaws with crashing. I am hoping that the experience with the civ5 engine will mean they can build on what they know. I would like a hottest option, which technically should be quite easy. I would also like to find fames open to just jump into and out of in Steam. And finally some voip chat/video for the player to player live negotiation. So you actually see the leaderhead you are talking to and don't have to wait a turn to see if they like of dislike your offer. Slooooooow.

I'd be happy if MP just worked, ie problem free 8 player games. And have a chat lobby(meaning chat not just a games list) that is international, not the regional lists they have in Civ5. Jumping into and out of games is something most players frown on, this is a TBS game not a RPG :-/ We like players that play entire games from start to finish :-/ Voice chat would be great, but Civ4 actually had that and it was never used as it increased game lag. Most players I know prefer third party solutions like Teamspeak, even Steam voice chat is not used very much AFAIK.

CS

In game shat would indeed speed up diplomatic negotiations. What would also be nice is if players could not only trade cities but actual tiles. This would mean you could negotiate some respectable borders like IRL

Top Bottom