Multiple positions

chiefpaco

Emperor
Article 9: Citizens can run for a maximum of two positions but may only hold one department leader position at a time. Citizens are allowed to serve as Leader and Deputy Leader in two different departments. Thus if they win 2 elections they must choose one and the runner-up of the unselected position will be declared the winner.

A thought occured to me for this election and wondered if anyone else felt the same. I thought about this article and I believe we open ourselves up to 2 potential issues regarding the citizen who could hold a leader & deputy position at the same time:

- The citizen could later not take the place of the Leader who could depart for which he/she is deputy of because of the first sentence.
- We are taking away the possibility to have more people involved who receive votes at the election polls because of multiple positions held by single citizens.

I can see why it may have been included. To cover us in case of low participation. However, I think if an eligible candidate could fill the deputies' shoes, we should allow that instead of multiple positions by the same person.

Why was it included? And should we force the "doubly-elected" citizen to forfeit a position in favour of a candidate who has no position?

I disagree I think it's perfect the way it is.

Top Bottom