Multiverse

I did a search for issues regarding the Complete Edition of Civ IV and there does appear to be issues with that version of the game.

I found this from someone who had it and how he got around it:
double click on my computer
double click on your hard drive
double click on program files
double click on 2kgames
double click on Civilization 4 Complete
the .exe in that folder is for civ4
the .exe in the Warlords folder is for Warlords
the .exe in the Beyond the Sword folder is for BtS
Double click on the bts exe to start the game and choose to play a mod.

Also suggest you look at this series in the forum: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=324416

You may also try the shortcut that I have in the folder. Move it to your desktop and then click on it -- it should automatically start the mod.

I loaded the mod but it seems like all I'm getting is vanilla BTS. Am I missing something? Do I need previous versions of Extreme mod for this?

I enjoyed both Extreme and Extreme II so I was looking forward to this mod. When I try to download from Megaupolad however, the download only gets a fraction of the way and it freezes. I pause it and then try to start again but I always get this message;

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Civ4\Multiverse.7z.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

I've been trying to download this for a couple of days now, all to no avail.

:cry:

I enjoyed both Extreme and Extreme II so I was looking forward to this mod. When I try to download from Megaupolad however, the download only gets a fraction of the way and it freezes. I pause it and then try to start again but I always get this message;

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Civ4\Multiverse.7z.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

I've been trying to download this for a couple of days now, all to no avail.

:cry:

Ouch! I am sorry to hear that. I will look into providing a secondary download spot.

This weekend I will try and post a secondary download from AtomicGamer.

I loaded the mod but it seems like all I'm getting is vanilla BTS. Am I missing something? Do I need previous versions of Extreme mod for this?

You do not need to have any other mod than the one offered here.

You must put the mod in the correct place however.

Depending on your OS and how you bought the game depends where -- it is a real hassle they made each variation slightly different.

XP & CD-Rom is basically: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Repeated from an earlier post, this may help:

Key things to try:
--Make sure you are at 3.19 patch
--Make sure you have uncompressed the folder from the zip and have not renamed it
--Make sure you have installed it in the correct path. XP & 7 varies as well as if you installed it from a disk or from Steam (read posts above to find the correct path for all variations)
--Make sure you do not have any of the BUG or BATs module plugins installed (have only been told this and never experienced it myself)

It is one of the above, trust me. I have been running this mod for years with no problem, with friends coming over with monster machines and things I just laughed at and it ran fine.

Biggest problem is not having it installed in the correct path. I have a XP from CD and my path is: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Steam install=(driver Steam is on)/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword/beyond the sword/mods

But other flavors will vary.I have very little experience with Windows 7, but I would definitely run the app as an administrator -- anyone else have ideas on running it effectively on 7?

Keep trying and looking at other posts because I truly think it is a fun variant to Civ IV!

I agree with you that certain resources are far less common than others. Often against common logic. I will adjust the rates of these resources.

In my games I am the one without oil, which basically bends me over the fence in the late half of the game.

:) I blame the AI since he never has any problem finding the resources he needs!

Thanks for the tip!

Good to hear that you will adjust that, the stone thing isnt just a game or two but five times in a row

Good to hear that you will adjust that, the stone thing isnt just a game or two but five times in a row

Yup! For countless games I have had the worse luck of never getting oil. I am beginning to think that the first player (me) in multiplayer games never has oil. It aggravates me so much that I put in the Bio-Fuel plant that at least gives me a chance of getting oil at some point in the game!

Thanks for playing the game multiple times; I like hearing from people who successfully can run the game -- seems like of late, all I hear is from players who cannot get the game to launch.

Thanks!

I believe that this problem is because your Multiverse folder contains another multiverse folder so you probably got civ4\beyond the sword\Mods\Multiverse\Multiverse.
That's why you end up with vanilla. I know cause I had it too:)

I did a search for issues regarding the Complete Edition of Civ IV and there does appear to be issues with that version of the game.

I found this from someone who had it and how he got around it:
double click on my computer
double click on your hard drive
double click on program files
double click on 2kgames
double click on Civilization 4 Complete
the .exe in that folder is for civ4
the .exe in the Warlords folder is for Warlords
the .exe in the Beyond the Sword folder is for BtS
Double click on the bts exe to start the game and choose to play a mod.

Also suggest you look at this series in the forum: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=324416

You may also try the shortcut that I have in the folder. Move it to your desktop and then click on it -- it should automatically start the mod.

:( No effect. All other mods work fine. I'll give it another try after I reinstall Civ4. Maybe that'll help.
Thanks anyway:)

This is what my PythonErr2 reads after loadin Multiverse:
""
sys.path = ['..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\email', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\encodings', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\build', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\colourchooser', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\editor', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\floatcanvas', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\masked', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\mixins', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\ogl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py\\tests', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed\\src-images', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM']

sys.modules = {'zipimport': <module 'zipimport' (built-in)>, 'signal': <module 'signal' (built-in)>, '__builtin__': <module '__builtin__' (built-in)>, 'sys': <module 'sys' (built-in)>, '__main__': <module '__main__' (built-in)>, 'exceptions': <module 'exceptions' (built-in)>, 'CvPythonExtensions': <module 'CvPythonExtensions' (built-in)>}

sys.builtin_module_names = ('CvPythonExtensions', '__builtin__', '__main__', '_bisect', '_codecs', '_codecs_cn', '_codecs_hk', '_codecs_iso2022', '_codecs_jp', '_codecs_kr', '_codecs_tw', '_csv', '_heapq', '_hotshot', '_locale', '_multibytecodec', '_random', '_sre', '_subprocess', '_symtable', '_weakref', '_winreg', 'array', 'audioop', 'binascii', 'cPickle', 'cStringIO', 'cmath', 'collections', 'datetime', 'errno', 'exceptions', 'gc', 'imageop', 'imp', 'itertools', 'marshal', 'math', 'md5', 'mmap', 'msvcrt', 'nt', 'operator', 'parser', 'regex', 'rgbimg', 'sha', 'signal', 'strop', 'struct', 'sys', 'thread', 'time', 'xxsubtype', 'zipimport')
load_module CvEventInterface
load_module CvUtil
load_module traceback
load_module CvCustomEventManager
load_module CvEventManager
load_module CvScreensInterface
load_module CvMainInterface
load_module ScreenInput
load_module CvScreenEnums
load_module time
load_module GodsOfOld
load_module CvConfigParser
load_module ConfigParser
load_module CvPath
load_module _winreg
load_module CvModName
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
File "CvEventInterface", line 13, in ?
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 23, in ?
File "CvEventManager", line 12, in ?
File "CvScreensInterface", line 3, in ?
File "CvMainInterface", line 11, in ?
File "CvConfigParser", line 26, in ?
File "CvPath", line 128, in ?
File "CvPath", line 113, in _getUserDir
File "CvPath", line 118, in _getInstallDir
File "CvPath", line 104, in __getRegValue
WindowsError: [Errno 2] Nie mo&#380;na odnale&#378;&#263; okre&#347;lonego pliku (cannot locate specified file)
load_module CvAppInterface
""

I believe that this problem is because your Multiverse folder contains another multiverse folder so you probably got civ4\beyond the sword\Mods\Multiverse\Multiverse.

That may be it. The Mods folder should only have the Multiverse folder -- inside that you should see Assets, Public Maps, Resources, and a several other individual files.

Kain,

It looks like there is something unusual about your Warlords folder. When you got the Complete Civilization IV are you sure you loaded all of the games, including the Warlords expansion.

Sorry you are having such a problem. It does work, I can attest to that and the many game testers I have over and many Fanatic Forum users.

Hope things work out for you!

I'll check it out. Warlords works fine and all warlord mods. Maybe there's some registy issue. I'll keep digging.

I will download and make a Torrent mirror Like i promised :hatsoff:

I see you found out how to get a good Civic screen :) well i will now download test and enjoy

Ok is now downloaded i will start testing i also made FB again aware that this wonder is around

well i did hit a wall idk what is wrong but thing doesn't want to work Post #53 has the complete version right?
i did send you the torrent link so if it's the version i got that is at vault you can track it then if not it's something

That's exactly what happened. Works just fine. Enjoying what is a really interesting mod.

i have no clue what the problem is i face i can load the mod but the moment i'm ready picking preferences for the generator and hit start thing gives an program not responding windows thingy and boom bye bye

Top Bottom