• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Music Updates during the TC.

yeah right ...

It seems this thread is getting a bit out of hand; I opened it so people could request some songs I'd play which could be fun to play. It was just a fun idea to have the titles and artists provoke discussion and entertainment during the often long times of nothingness. What could for instance "Neil Young- Ohio" contribute to the game ?

BTW no-one but me hears the music.

I am still open for requests, but keep it within normal proportions and please choose songs with a relation to the game.

Wtf, songs in relation to the game? So what, you want us to only pick war songs or songs from the "Civilization 3 Soundtrack"? Another thing, how could anything by Neil Young or ANYONE on my list for that matter not contribute to discussion? That list contains some of the greatest artists of all time. You think that Rancid, Styx, Linkin Park or any other of these **** poser bands are going to contribute to anything? Give me a break. And by the way, it's not like I was asking for you to include all of those songs, I just chose a bunch that were classics and thought you could use a couple of them that intrigued you.

"Girls just wanna have fun" - Cyndi Lauper (sp)

Calinator - this is just something fun started by Rik. He's just trying to spice up the demogame a bit. Take a look at "Ode to the Jaguar". That song has a sound track. This is sort of the same. It's not needed to play, but if all you do is watch someone say:

"arty bombards Thebes. 3/3 rifle now 1/3"
"arty bombards Thebes. 3/3 rifle now 2/3. pike appears"
"arty bombards Thebes. Misses."
"arty bombards Thebes. 3/3 pike is now 1/3. 2/3 rifle appears"
"arty bombards Thebes. 2/3 rifle now 1/3. 4/4 Spearman appears".
"Attacking Thebes".
"5/5 cav vs. 4/4 spear. wins".

You get the idea. Is that fun to watch for 5 hours? (much less 13+ hours like the DG2 chats were). It just adds something to ease the mundane chats.

Top Bottom