Music without CD

DaggerDigwillow

Reading: Second World Wars by Victor Davis Hanson
So I have a question regarding the CD music in-game for CIV 2 TOT. I have the downloaded version, with the official patch and the ToTPP but I'm still getting no audio and if I try to pick audio in-game under the file tab it says I need the CD. I have the CD but I've only got a limited number of drive ports on my motherboard cable and have opted to connect it to a secondary SSD rather than a useless CD-ROM that would only be used for this game.

My question is how to get music in-game without wasting my hard drive cable on my CD-Rom instead of an SSD.

I have the downloaded version, with the official patch and the ToTPP but I'm still getting no audio and if I try to pick audio in-game under the file tab it says I need the CD.

TOTPP has a DirectShow music patch, which I'm pretty sure is disabled by default. That lets you play music from MP3 files. As of TOTPPv18, you also need to enable Lua Scripting for this to work.

Code:
Uses DirectShow for in-game music and removes CD audio playback support. Requires DirectX9.

Before enabling this patch, encode the tracks on the CD as mp3 and put them in a "Music" folder in the main ToT directory. Filenames should match the ToT sound track:

Funeral March.mp3
Ode to Joy.mp3
Crusade.mp3
Alien.mp3
Mongol Horde.mp3
The Apocalypse.mp3
Jurassic Jungle.mp3
New World.mp3
Tolkien.mp3
Mars Expedition.mp3
Jules Verne.mp3
They're Here.mp3
The Dome.mp3

I have an "extended music patch" which provides some extra functionality. If all you want is the basic music, the MP3 files are already there, and you can just copy the music folder to your Test of Time directory.

Ok, so I enabled both DirectShadow and Lua and while the Game tab allows me to now pick music there is still no music. Looking at the game folder I don't see a music folder in either the root folder or the sound folder and I can't locate any of the sound files. Where can I get/find these and where should they go?

Ok, so I enabled both DirectShadow and Lua and while the Game tab allows me to now pick music there is still no music. Looking at the game folder I don't see a music folder in either the root folder or the sound folder and I can't locate any of the sound files. Where can I get/find these and where should they go?
I have an "extended music patch" which provides some extra functionality. If all you want is the basic music, the MP3 files are already there, and you can just copy the music folder to your Test of Time directory.

Edit: the green code button in the corner allows you to download the zip file.

Top Bottom