Music

DragonYoshi

Chieftain
Hey guys!:king:

I need help with a little problem with my civ 2. I have the original and fantastic worlds CDs. When I start playing no music is played. Then I click on "pick music" and a message pops out saying that I need to insert the CD into the CDROM to play music...but the CD IS in the ROM!:sad: First I thought that my CD was scratched or old, but the other "CD requiring" stuff were fully functional! (the council and the civ wonder movies) so ........................... I need help

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Mexico:cool:

Do you have civ2 from civ chronicals (civ 1,2,3 and 4) or just the original game. If it's chronicals the problem with music is IIRC a problem which still isn't solved...

Did you try playing music from the CD without playing the game with media player or something like that....

And which system your pc is running on....VISTA, XP or something else???

Do you have civ2 from civ chronicals (civ 1,2,3 and 4) or just the original game. If it's chronicals the problem with music is IIRC a problem which still isn't solved...

Did you try playing music from the CD without playing the game with media player or something like that....

And which system your pc is running on....VISTA, XP or something else???

well I have civ2 plus fantastic worlds both originals. I use XP and I haven't tried...:D

I have the same problem. I have a copy of Civilization 2 that came bundled with a few other games (part of "Millennium Mega Hits") and it plays fine except for a few graphical errors (arrows missing in City Improvement Menu and color errors in City view) and of course no music.

Every time I click Pick Music the same "Insert Civilization II CD-ROM" box appears despite me playing off the disc. I manually searched through the disc to find the mp3/wav files but they weren't there.

Do some copies of Civ II come without music?!

I also have a problem like this. When I start play Civ2 the first song is played normally but after thart it gets quiet and I would have to start the next song manually! I´m sure it have to do with my CD drive but what exactly? I already started a topic but no one answered me. :(

I have a copy of Civilization 2 that came bundled with a few other games (part of "Millennium Mega Hits")
Every time I click Pick Music the same "Insert Civilization II CD-ROM" box appears despite me playing off the disc.
If the few other games are on the same CD, I guess the Civ 2 music was removed to give some space for these other games!

If the few other games are on the same CD, I guess the Civ 2 music was removed to give some space for these other games!

No, the other games came on separate discs with their own labels. Civilization II came on a single CD (Labeled with the "Millennium Mega Hits" name and the Game's name). Like I said, it plays normally, but there is just no music and a few minor graphical glitches from time to time.

well check this out
okay im on windows 7 64 bit. i used alcohol for my cd images. so .... currently i have civ2 running but music wasnt playing so i checked my regsitry to make sure its pointing to f: drive which is the virtual driver letter so for horsehockys and giggles i found my original multiplayer gold cd and slapped it into drive D physical burner drive and guess what presto music lol

well check this out
okay im on windows 7 64 bit. i used alcohol for my cd images. so .... currently i have civ2 running but music wasnt playing so i checked my regsitry to make sure its pointing to f: drive which is the virtual driver letter so for horsehockys and giggles i found my original multiplayer gold cd and slapped it into drive D physical burner drive and guess what presto music lol

:goodjob:So how do I find out what my virtual driver letter is?:confused:

If I Remember Correctly

Not solved because the CD does NOT include the music at all IIRC ;)

Top Bottom