Mutual Exclusivity with MIA?

Which do you prefer?

• Some where between

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else that Tubby couldn't think of. (Please post what you would like below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tubby Rower

Chronic Slacker
Do you agree to mutual exclusivity with MIA or should we just do small potato deals with them

I voted small deals, but what I mean is to roughly share the beakers and making up for any difference in cash.

To me it's a "all" or "not so much" type deal.

It must be exclusive or else I consider them a short term partner where anything goes.

I like the small deals. We need to let them know that if they are not being straight with us with stuff like contacts, we will let Bubba out of his cage and he will stomp (whomp?) them.

OK should I pm fe3333au that we have a proposal or wait for a few more votes?

I think it's pretty clear cut. We are either "all in" or we can work the occasional deal.
Thoughts?

I agree with you're last statement... either we're all-in holding hands through the AA (short meetings via IM) or just occasional trading when the mood hits (4 hours debacles like we had recently).

When should we lay out our cards?

Lay the cards soon. But I think, only if we get the sense through our diplomatic contact that they will be full, good-faith partners. Part of that would be some agreement of principal on how to handle contact with the other continent...

Absolutely Booti. That's part of any "all in" deal.

At the minimum, I'd prefer it's before they see the dyes (3-4 turns and the Admiral's ship goes to sea (2 turns).

What's the ETA on the dye settler?

Like 15 turns.

I'd rather let them know we have a settler on the way after we agree to be "all in" and we share. If they are not "in" then there's a different pricing structure to get dyes. Think of it as a "all in" volume discount. :D

We are the Costco for our continent.

Aisle 4 we have dyes and wines. Aile 11 we have a can of Whomp Keester, industrial size - long lasting :hammer:

We'll let them do the shopping....

I already voted for "all in" this morning (or was it last night? :hmm: )

Geez, I've been practically living on this board lately and don't remember if I'm coming or going. :crazyeye:

Mutual Exclusivity Proposal
Spoiler :
The proposed 1 + 1 = 3 treaty for MIA and K.I.S.S.

The teams could agree to:
- be allied until MIA and K.I.S.S are the only two remaining teams in the game, and to act in cooperation and unison to ensure that they will become the only two remaining teams in the game.
- share all technologies until M.I.A. and K.I.S.S are the only two remaining teams in the game.
- share luxuries (when possible, due to extra sources) until MIA and K.I.S.S are the only two remaining teams in the game.
- share strategic resources, if needed, (when possible, due to extra sources) until M.I.A. and K.I.S.S are the only two remaining teams in the game.
- give a 10-turn notification before ending the alliance (only possible if M.I.A.and K.I.S.S are the only two remaining teams in the game).
- consult and agree with the other party in the alliance on any deals and diplomacy with the other teams, before meeting with other teams and signing agreements with said other teams.
- grant first strike on end-of-deal turn given to party undergoing end of deal (only possible if M.I.A. and K.I.S.S are the only two remaining teams in the game).

----------------------------------------------------

Plans for the immediate future:
1. K.I.S.S. gives Pottery now, M.I.A. gives wheel upon completion.
2. K.I.S.S. continues to research Writing and gives it upon discovery.
3. M.I.A. start on monotheism and masonry, and give it upon discovery. We wish M.I.A. great luck creating a SGL researching these techs.
4. K.I.S.S. researches Code of Laws, immediately after writing, and gives it upon discovery.
5. M.I.A. researches Philosophy, immediately after receiving writing, and they will discover it only after Code of Laws is shared, choose Republic as a free tech if possible, and give both techs upon discovery.
6. Send a copy of this treaty to Ginger Ale and RegentMan if we are agreed.
----------------------------------------------------
Other things up for consideration.
--Mutual support against enemies.
--Number of units allowed near each others borders.
--Type and number of units allowed exploration.
--Interest free loans for accelerating builds.

@ whomp - I don't like the mutual exclusivity proposal because of the history.

1. They're not the brighest bulbs in the sockets based on our negotiations (unless they've lied, which invokes the Idiots' Revenge Scenario)

2. I'd rather a mutual exclusive with a team on another continent (see above)

3. I'm more comfortable having us research Philosophy (to be or to beer that is the question) and controlling the AA trading

Thank you all for the boats ;)

One more thought...
Power of the "take away".

While in negotiations we lead the conversation towards very small deals. Out of nowhere one team member steps in and says "This is not how I personally envisioned things". THey say "Why"?

"Well, I speak only for myself, but I saw an opportunity for mutual exclusivity but it seems you don't want that". Followed by silence....

See how they respond.

Top Bottom