1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

My annoyance with the "simultaneous turns" on multiplayer.

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by Sinyail, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Sinyail

Sinyail Sinyail

The simultaneous feature on Civ IV multiplayer annoyes me and I do not agree with it. It takes me some time to finish a turn and war in Civ IV can go good or bad in a quick second with a good or bad move. The "Simultaneous turns" thing makes Civ IV multiplayer not a good looking option for me. I tried some multiplayer today and I was about to wipe out this Civilization (it was his last city). My units were wounded because of the previous turn, but they had upgrades. I had about 8 attackers. The defender had 1 unit defending and he was at half health. Before I could upgrade my units the defender brought in a couple of weak spearmen and slaughtered my axemen. My units health was that bad. I don't agree with this feature. Literally, the only reason he didn't lose his city to me is because he pushed the buttons faster than I did! Anyone have an opinion or have had a similar experiance let me know. Thank you. :D Sorry, I know this is a little ranting here, but I wanted to share my unagreeable stance on Civ IV's "simultaneous turns" feature for multiplayer. Thank you and feedback is appreciated. :D .. Even if you just want to call me a perfectionist nazi. lol thx :)

2. Sinyail

Sinyail Sinyail

Happy, Happy New Year :D