My avatar keeps changing

Riker13

King
Hi all,
My avatar doesn't seem to be saving as it changes every time I boot up the game, any reason why?
Regards
Riker13 :crazyeye:

Definitly looks like a bug, on which support are you playing ? windows on steam / stadia / geforce now. Because it's rather weird, avatar modifications are stored in local (I think). So, when it is saved, the game should take these data.

Try deleting the registry file in my documents/humankind/users/xxxxx folder.

Thanks will try that. :)

EDIT: Did not work. :( I think its a bug.

Last edited:
AI Beowulf became a female yesterday in my game. I don't know if it is supposed to happen or a bug.

It happened in the middle of the game, not at start. One moment I am talking to the expected rough looking Beowulf, and the next moment I am talking to a smooth looking female named Beowulf.

Bug?

Every time I load up Humankind it loads up the first welcome screen and changes my avatar. Bug?

Every time I load up Humankind it loads up the first welcome screen and changes my avatar. Bug?
I'd not classify that as a bug as you are talking about a basic feature and I’ve never heard of this problem. My first reaction is that you have a bad install. I’d suggest first doing a file integrity check in steam. If that does not work the reinstall the game

Last edited:
Ok I have done an integrity check which did find 1 file missing which it then reinstalled, I re-checked again and this time was all ok then I loading up again remade my avatar, exited the game then reloaded and it still goes to welcome screen?

Ok I have done an integrity check which did find 1 file missing which it then reinstalled, I re-checked again and this time was all ok then I loading up again remade my avatar, exited the game then reloaded and it still goes to welcome screen?
Odd indeed. Something is amiss. And connecting to G2G or not should not matter.

Avatar/persona is tied to the Registry.xml file in Documents>HK>Users>blah blah. Assuming that you have not moved it from that location, I would check there to a) see if it exists at all b) check the permissions on the the entire folder structure. It's like the game is not able to save or communicate to that location.

Last edited:
Figured it out, it was a control folder issue it was not saving something to the documents folder, didn`t think it was that as the game saves were fine but there we are all sorted now.
Edit: Oh just read your response above and yes what you said. :)
Thanks for your help.

Great to hear!

Top Bottom