My first domination win at emp

Etheric

Warlord
Was quite pleased with this one. I guess it is a straightforward map, a snakey pangea like continent.

I must admit I like being Darius, Fin and Org are nice boosts, and the 8 immortal wonder early game is great for an early rush.

Spoiler :

Went pretty smooth.

The map is a snake like thing where you (mostly) had two neighbours, there did not seem to be that much room, and for once the map gods gave me horses so I started with settiling next to the horses and building a raiding force of immortals. I decided to take out Izzy on my right. I guess HC on the left could have been a valid choice too, he is something of my nemesis as he is a financial techer and wonderspammer. There are worse people to be next to though :D.

The rush went well, I almost turned aroujnd and went for HC too, but thought better of it and took out the barbarian cities that were around. I probably needed more units fogbusting, but immortals are great at dealing wtih barbs, as they own archers and axes no problem.

Thankfully mehmed converted to the religion Izzy founded and so did I, and we were firm friends for the rest of the game. With lots of tech trading with mehmed and the fabulous GP farm that was Madrid I easily won the race to liberalism (I could have waited I think before completing it and tried to get another, more valuable tech, printing press was great for my cottage spam though). Is the first time I had got a commanding tech lead in Emp, so I used it to conquer the rest of the world.

Was annoying that after vasseling KK and WK I was on 63.88% land, so I was off to get chalamain (who was really backward, and had not even got scientific method yet, so infantry, cavalry and artillary would have ripped him to pieces. Thankfully there was a border pop somewhere and I got over the line.

I did neglect to build a bank and market etc in my shrine city whcih was not a good move. I also think I could ahve waited for liberalism, the post lib save is there if anyone wants to give an opinion on that.

Anyway a selection of saves if anyone wants to point out some things I can improve.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    92.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 825 bc.CivBeyondSwordSave
    158.4 KB · Views: 95
  • post lib 1060ad save.CivBeyondSwordSave
    239.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Jon AD-1755.CivBeyondSwordSave
    376.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Jon AD-1806 taking out wang kon.CivBeyondSwordSave
    373.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    288.9 KB · Views: 225
Doh there we go again in the civ rev forums..... Thats twice. Should be Civ 4.

Top Bottom