my first regnet game.

soren

The Existentialist
I'm a noobie. I've only played chieftain, and now, i think i got the hang of it. After reading a lot here, i've dicided to try my first regnent (spelled wrong, probably). I have not tried warlord. I heard in regnet, the AI's ability matches yours, and I'm pretty confident i can do this.

Objective: i'm a builder. i usually win by building the space ship or culurally. this time, i wan't to win militarily. i will build my military, and attack, attack, and attack. As for city placement, i ususally had done OCP, but not, i will make them more compact.

Settings:
Map size: standard
land mass: pangea
water: 60%
barbs: none
RESPAWN OFF
aggression level: normal
victory conditions: conquests only

I'm kind of scared, kind of excite. I probably won't start until tommorow. wish me luck.

I'll post screenshots and commentary once in a while.

this is a challege for myself. and i will make it a rul for myself never to reload, even if something bad happenes like a nuke attack.

I will play, for no particular reason, the Koreans.

stay in tune...

acually, as i now think about it, i'm not sure if i want to play on continents or pangea.

with continents: i might get stuck on a small, tiny, resourceless island, far away from mainland, and I'm doomed forever.

with pangea: i the whole aspect of naval combat and exploration.

help me out with a decision, guys!

EDIT: i am also considering playing the frence or ottoman. help me out.

BTW, this is in conquests.

I don't have a patch (which is supposed to be better (post patch) for the player in terms of curruption, right?) of any kind.

where can i download it?

thanks.

I want to do this, of course, before i start playing.

before i begin, for fun, i want to compile a list of great wonders that i'd like to build:

Pyramids (maybe, probably)
St. Back Cathedral (yeah)
Science ones (maybe)
Art of war (probably)
Leanardo's (probably)
SMiths trading company (yeah, probably)
Universal suffrage (maybe)
Theory of evolution (yeah)
Hoover damn (yeah!)
Internet (yeah)

There might be some more, but this seems like it.

looks like a pretty good start. I settled my first city. i take my worker to irrigate the nice cattle. there's some ivory to the right, good for commerce. bonus grassland, plains, hills, pretty nice. as for techs, i'm not sure yet...

Attachments

• start.jpg
    start.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 238
i've met the aztec and indians, discovered writing, and established another city.

I JUST GOT A GREAT SCIENTIFIC LEADER!!!!!!!

what shoudl i do wiht it? I say either build the great library or the great pyramids. BUT WHICH? I AM NOT SURE! I NEED YOUR ADVICE!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 221
Build the Pyramids, probably. That's what most players would do.
But you've got Ivory! You might want to think about waiting until Mathematics and building the Statue of Zeus instead.

Good luck with your first Regent game. I remember being rather intimidated when I started Regent. Once you get used to it, it's not all that difficult, though.

rush pyramids, expand quicker

Originally posted by globester
rush pyramids, expand quicker

ANd so I did.

I founded several more cities quickly because of the pyramids, and i took my warrior to scout and, so far, found four other civs. I'm technologically advanced, and i have more cities then they do. I've also got three luxuries under my control, so my people are pretty happy so far. Once i've discovered Iron working, i see that the closest iron isn't very close, and will soon be occupied by AI terrotories. I will try to get it, i also have horses. I just got into the middle ages, (the only one). If i get the iron, i will go for chivilry, and get massive hordes of knights, and attack.

I don't know if this is becasue of evnvioronmental determinism, luck, or just becuase I'm smarter than the AI, but this looks easier than I thought.

Man, I still can't believe I got a great leader after making my first discovery. Has this happened to anybody else? Wow!

Yes, actually. I just today got an SGL very early in the Mesopotamia Conquest as the Hittites. Unfortunately he has to sit and wait because no wonders are available yet!

You have a good starting position, so it's no surprise that you're finding this fairly easy. But human intelligence helps too. Regents is supposed to put you on an even level with the AI, but if anything you have the advantage since you can think for yourself.

Originally posted by Jason The King
cool report, sometimes it is a break from reading stories all the time.

I'm glad you like it!

I'll continue playing tonight. Stay in tune.

i forgot to save the last time, so I'm back at my previous point. It's okay, no big deal. I just got a great leader! Rushed the Zues wonder.

my military advisor says I'm strong, and my scient that I'm advanced. Here is where I"m at so far. I just invaded india to the left for their territory, but had to make peace because my people didn't like war. If i expand further, curruption just gets too high. I got sufper in my territory, as well as horses and iron. After military tradation, I"ll build my cavalry army plus korean cannons (which are leathal). I will also work on my infustucture, and build universities and banks. I'm at peace iwth everyone so far, just traded the celts two luxuries for two more. I just build the art of war, soon the bach chathedrial, and very soon the leanardos wonder, which will help with the knight-cavalry upgrad.

any advice, guys?

Attachments

• empire2.jpg
    empire2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 207
The way you tell the game is really cool!
Please go on, I'm very interested.

What about the Wonders? What you have?

I'm playing in Monarch now. I played at least 20 games to jump to the next level, but, in your case, you are excellent. And its your first time in Regent!!!!

Originally posted by benjamin28
The way you tell the game is really cool!
Please go on, I'm very interested.

What about the Wonders? What you have?

I'm playing in Monarch now. I played at least 20 games to jump to the next level, but, in your case, you are excellent. And its your first time in Regent!!!!

Here's my status on wonders:

- the Pyramid (got this via great leader)
- Statue of zues (via great leader, too, but now is obsolete)
- art of war
- building: leanardoes workshop
- building: back's chathedral

it looks like i will be busy for a while, so don't expect any major additions until next week.

Love,
Soren

Top Bottom