My fun way of Enjoying the Game: Add more Civs!!!

Cedbird77

Warlord
Yes like a good number of people think that the AI is a pushover. If I focus on military operations it's a done deal every time.

So to add some flavor and challenge to the game I play a Large Contintents map. The default Civ count is 9 counting my Civ I believe. I find the map is not filled up with cities and less challenging.

So I add a few Civs to the Civ count. I go 13 or even 14 total Civs on a large map. I have tried 3 games now. It is very fun and more challenging. The map is full. Barbarians still a challenge early on but not as much. Barbarians are eliminated totally before you know it.

The map is filled with confrontation , Civ interactions, and Cities. Better chance of you being ganged up on by some strong military Civs. Stunting your growth and plans.

Heavy City State competition. For Civs competing over the same amount of City States. To limit turn times I don't add more City States.

The Great people race in this game is not as fast. I know that is a pain to some of us. GP go too fast because of the eras etc. This game it is slower!!! More interesting

My games are also more balanced. More strong AI Civs. More AI Civs have a chance to win and are major factors on the world stage in some way.
Super fun!!!

The only down side. Turn times. I want to try maybe 18 Civs on Large Continents map next time!!! Might be too much. :lol:

Do you have any Playstyle that are super fun?

I enjoy marathon speed. In my current Brazil game, the world is in a state of peace and harmony. Most AI have built a bunch of cities or have an gigantic army. They’re even teching rather well. (Alexander is in late Industrial or early Modern with enough techs to back it). France is out-culturing me, with her in Information, but she’s lagging science wise. And then you have third world countries like Spain and Japan, who are happy to keep renewing our alliances for a small tribute.

Plus, I’ve gotten fantastic trade deals, to the tune of 1 lux for 1 lux + gpt/gold pile or 2 luxes for 1 lux and massive gold pile (usually 1000+).

Of course, my air force is not to messed with either. Bombers are OP lol.

Yes like a good number of people think that the AI is a pushover. If I focus on military operations it's a done deal every time.

So to add some flavor and challenge to the game I play a Large Contintents map. The default Civ count is 9 counting my Civ I believe. I find the map is not filled up with cities and less challenging.

So I add a few Civs to the Civ count. I go 13 or even 14 total Civs on a large map. I have tried 3 games now. It is very fun and more challenging. The map is full. Barbarians still a challenge early on but not as much. Barbarians are eliminated totally before you know it.

The map is filled with confrontation , Civ interactions, and Cities. Better chance of you being ganged up on by some strong military Civs. Stunting your growth and plans.

Heavy City State competition. For Civs competing over the same amount of City States. To limit turn times I don't add more City States.

The Great people race in this game is not as fast. I know that is a pain to some of us. GP go too fast because of the eras etc. This game it is slower!!! More interesting

My games are also more balanced. More strong AI Civs. More AI Civs have a chance to win and are major factors on the world stage in some way.
Super fun!!!

The only down side. Turn times. I want to try maybe 18 Civs on Large Continents map next time!!! Might be too much. :lol:

Do you have any Playstyle that are super fun?

From what the devs have said on R&F and how they are spacing out civs by quadrant/zone, adding civs may be the way to go to provide an even more enjoyable and challenging experience. With the current map generator, I'm too concerned about adding more civs as it becomes 1/2 populated and 1/2 empty by late game. Like some bad Star Trek planet.

Not sure I can play marathon tho -- normal seems to drag on in the late game these days.

From what the devs have said on R&F and how they are spacing out civs by quadrant/zone, adding civs may be the way to go to provide an even more enjoyable and challenging experience. With the current map generator, I'm too concerned about adding more civs as it becomes 1/2 populated and 1/2 empty by late game. Like some bad Star Trek planet.

:lol:. Star Trek planet. Love it. Thing is on my games most of the map is full with Civs. I just found some open space on another Continent late game. I don't explore that great. But as I was finding it I saw another Civ sending a Settler!!!

Competition! Yes games are slower aka turn times. But it is worth it for me. Too fun!!!!

I've tried this a few times, but the placement logic seems to suffer when you exceed the normal number; most of the time two civs start right on top of each other (as in, within starting visibility of each other). This means somebody gets an extra settler (and it the last case, it was me).

Since they're changing the spawn logic, hopefully they'll fix this.

I often add more civs. At least 2, sometimes 3 to normal map types. On the Greatest Earth TSL map I add every single civilization to the game (except a second Greece). Some of them will struggle due to lack of space, but I still feel they add value to the game. Good thing is it fills up the map. If you don't add more civilizations the map doesn't really fill up, and it doesn't feel like a real world.

The AI is much more aggressive if they are hemmed in for space.

I've tried this a few times, but the placement logic seems to suffer when you exceed the normal number; most of the time two civs start right on top of each other

I have yet to have this bug, but I haven't ran a normal map script in ages, I've been running YnAMP terra maps.

Top Bottom