My Lazy Workers Sleep Each Turn!!!!! [BUG?]

Shadow Phoenix

Warlord
Hello, I recently rediscovered this forum again. I remember the awesome help I had here before! I rose from chieftain to regent/monarch level because of this forum.

During this game I am on an island, and there are 3 other major powers. During the course of the game my workers have diligently worked all the time. I decided to automate some of them. Later it became all of them. And now, each turn they just SKIP THE TURN while in the city. I checked, and there are still tiles to be worked on. What are those workers smoking?????!?!??!?!?? :mad:
Please help me get the lazy workers to work!!! :help: I need them to defeat Americans who are too powerful. Is it a bug? Why would those workers not work the tiles?

[EDIT] HOLY COW! 154 posts??? wow, I was active here lol.

Attachments

• cutthroat3.SAV
    293.9 KB · Views: 66
Are some working, but not others? Except for pollution clean-up, automated workers tend to work in pairs while the rest take it easy.

First of all Merry Christmas! :xmascheers:

I don't think you should automate workers at all. It's not a good thing. They will do really unexpected things. Better order them yourself what to do. I've seen workers just doing nothing when they are automated, but you shouldn't really do this.

First of all Merry Christmas! :xmascheers:

I don't think you should automate workers at all. It's not a good thing. They will do really unexpected things. Better order them yourself what to do. I've seen workers just doing nothing when they are automated, but you shouldn't really do this.

Merry Christams to you too! :D

I uploaded a screeny.

I completed nearly all the squares, and left only a few so I decided to let workers handle them. And now this

Attachments

• lazywrkrs.JPG
    lazywrkrs.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 133
I took a look at the screeny, it seems you are right. It's probably just another bug in the behavior of the automated workers. :) I would recommend not automating them in the future, and the problem is solved. :D

By the way, that screenshot looks very interesting!! :eek: Looks like you've got a lot of Fish and Whales, I've actually never seen that many water resources in one place! Seems Khabarovsk, Magadan, and that city with -ibirsk (Novosibirsk maybe?).

By the way, that screenshot looks very interesting!! Looks like you've got a lot of Fish and Whales, I've actually never seen that many water resources in one place! Seems Khabarovsk, Magadan, and that city with (Novosibirsk maybe?).
Look at my capital tho! :D

There is no reason the automated workers would ever work the tiles you have circled. They are outside the radius of any city. Working them will provide no benefits whatsoever.
Nice one! But don't I get more points if all my tiles are good?
Should I have placed the citys better? Or are they fine as they are now?

Attachments

• afewcows.JPG
    afewcows.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 110
Nice one! But don't I get more points if all my tiles are good?
Should I have placed the citys better? Or are they fine as they are now?

Score is based solely on land area controlled, the number of happy & conetent citizens, and the year the game ends. Theoretically, you don't have to work *any* tiles to get a good score. (But not Roading/Irrigating/Mining/etc. makes it hard to do the things necessary to gain land and happy citizens. ;))

And, yes, those cities are spread much too far apart for my taste. I rarely have cities grow to more than size 12, so I space them much closer together so I can actually *work* all those tiles. :)

There is no learning experience if you use the editor to your advantage. :shake:

Automating Workers is also very bad. Very annoying too.

Btw, Welcome back!! Nobody leaves CFC without coming back. :smug:

There is no learning experience if you use the editor to your advantage. :shake:

Automating Workers is also very bad. Very annoying too.

Btw, Welcome back!! Nobody leaves CFC without coming back. :smug:

After discovering refining I realized that ALL 4 SOURCES OF OIL HAVE BEEN ALREADY EXOUSTED! So, umm, no tanks/planes/navy. No water/air forces at all.
:mad:
So there is some learning experience. I learned to fight while being out gunned. In the end however, I saw that they only have ONE source of uranium. I nuked it. Game over. :lol: Except that then I remembered that I was going for a diplomatic win. :mischief:

With Cossacks, Infantry, and Artillery, you have enough to conquer the whole world. :hammer:

Is it sarcasm I detect ;) ? You want to try it? Its impossible, I tell you!
No, I mean, you're right. If they are as advanced as you are, they can just redline all of your units and then kill all of them.

Didnt think of a Diplomatic Win, though. :)

Top Bottom