• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

My units_32.pcx, with 1000+ icons added

I reckon you might have a problem no and then, trying to get the icons for many of the new units. But then its your project, and it's already come in useful for me, thanx! Have you any idea how annoying it is to have three empty icon spaces left when you've got more icons to go in?

thank you zulu! I may use this for a scenerio, right?

mrgenius, anything I give to the civ community is to be freely used for any and all civ-related purposes, no strings attached.

Just to let everybody know, I've been beavering away at updating this thing. There will be some ommisions (largely because the unit creators didn't supply icons with their units and those particular units too fiddly to make from the flics), but it should be pretty complete. The biggest difference from this version is that the major unit creators will have sections to themselves, and all their unit icons go in their sections. So all of riptide's units will go together, so will Kinboat's, etc. I hope to release it either tonight or tomorrow night.

Originally posted by zulu9812
mrgenius, anything I give to the civ community is to be freely used for any and all civ-related purposes, no strings attached.

Just to let everybody know, I've been beavering away at updating this thing. There will be some ommisions (largely because the unit creators didn't supply icons with their units and those particular units too fiddly to make from the flics), but it should be pretty complete. The biggest difference from this version is that the major unit creators will have sections to themselves, and all their unit icons go in their sections. So all of riptide's units will go together, so will Kinboat's, etc. I hope to release it either tonight or tomorrow night.

Extraordinary! -- Thanks so much for this amazing service for us all.

Best Regards,

Oz

I dont think you realize just how helpful your work has been for my own mod Zulu! I tried making my own units_32 file, but it caused the game to crash. So I just went online, and replaced it with yours, and everythings fine now! I am adding your name to the credits when I finally finish Far Horizons and upload it.

I've run into some major problems. Somewhere down the line I've said the sheet with some sort of layer, which meant it was no longer the correct type of PCX that Civ3 uses. Bugger. The sheet had been working fine in the editor so I didn't spot the problem until I decided on a whim to playtest and the game crashed when I built the first city. Bugger. I swapped it with an earlier version and that worked so I have buggered up somewhere since then. Bugger. So I'm going to have copy & paste line by line from the newest sheet into the old sheet - that's probably the quickest way. Unfortunately I can't copy and paste the sheet as a whole in PSP because that's reliant on where the mouse pointer is and I can't move the pointer enough to synchronise the 2 sheets. So line-by-line it is. Bugger. Unless someone knows how to do that - copy & paste the sheet as a whole inside PSP. So that's 3 months work down the drain (almost). Bugger.

I also discovered that I'd buggered up on the civ-specific colours too. As you all know, the civ-specific parts of the unit have to be red in the icons for the units_32 icons to be civ-specific in-game. I'd assumed that, when making these icons, I could just extract the flc to a pcx with palette set at civ-colour 1. Didn't ****ing work. It's just red for all the civs. Bugger. I discovered that the civ colour has to be red and also somewhere around palette index #5, which extracting the flc in the manner I described doesn't give you. Bugger. So that's another 3 months work down the drain. Bugger. So now you're left with a question: do you want the icons I made for the sheet to be blue or red, 'cps you can't have them specific (at least not until someone shows me how - hint, hint). There also might be a delay in release now.

I'm really ****ing pissed off right now.

Make em either red, or blue. I will look at the pallette later and try to civ-color them

- GIDustin

hello everyone, im a n00b to this community but not to the modding scene... you can guess how much of a blessing your download section has been and still is to me... but this specialized 'units_32.pcx' is puzzling me... although i do know that this file contains unit icons. basically i'm saying what is this file for... and does it mean you can have more than the standard quantity different units in-game?

Top Bottom