Name your Civilization!

Jecrell

Ruled: Civ3 - Civ5
In multiplayer mode it's my understanding that we will basically take on our own identities and select one of the civilization leaders to represent which civilization we're playing and what kind of leader we are from their stats. But from then on in our leader names and civilization names arn't represented in the game but rather our actual names are used.

So, technically -- we could call our Civilizations whatever we wanted superficially. So I could technically use the French but refer to my people as the Jecrellians.

[EDIT] Also in Singleplayer you can pretty much rename everything. =)

I think I'll stick to my current username for my leadername and I'll refer to my civilization as The Zombie Nation and name each city after dead rockstars.

In Civ3 and Alpha Centauri, I always renamed my leader and country the same way.

I will be Grand Duke Kazz, of the Grand Duchy of Kazzia!

In SMAC, they even ask you to put in an adjective for yourself. Therefore, all the enemy leaders referred to me as "Grand Duke Kazz the sexified."

I will likely end up calling myself whatever the Civ I'm playing is called. Even in Civ 3 when your username was used in place of the leader name, I always took the option to put a historical leader in. I like playing as the people I choose to play. I think it adds a little more flavor to my game so that I'm not playing the same way in every game. I wouldn't go as far as say, being a complete pacificst because I'm playing Gandhi, or being totally agressive as Temujin either. I just find it more fun to add more history into the game. :)

can u rename leaders too? like lets say i wanted to replace gandhi with a another famous indian

naviB said:
can u rename leaders too? like lets say i wanted to replace gandhi with a another famous indian

Yes, in singleplayer you can name your leaders and civilizations however you like, but in multiplayer your username will replace the leader's name.

I'll be George W. Bush :)

In Master of Orion 2, I was always the leader of the Jen Whore, with the Elerians picture...

I'll probably continue that tradition, but WARNING --- I am a filthy, filthy man-- please no children play against me :king:

my leader is usually either DreamCycle or Tactician Zhao.. most times in Civ 3, when I played as the Babylonians, I'd rename them to the Old Ones, and give all my cities names from Lovecraft stories.. my capital was always Kadath.. and I would always build a city name Hatheg-Kla (edit: near a mountain, helps if I finish my sentences)

I will probably play for a while with the default civ and city names, though, until I get tired of them again

In Civ II I always played as the Finns.

Finland, Finnish, King, President, then a list of cities with Helsinki as the capital.

I always play as Warpstorm (except when I'm using my secret identity).

Tactician Zhao said:
most times in Civ 3, when I played as the Babylonians, I'd rename them to the Old Ones, and give all my cities names from Lovecraft stories.. my capital was always Kadath.. and I would always build a city name Hatheg-Kla
:goodjob: :lol: :goodjob:

Maybe I'll play in the alternate reality where aliens landed on Earth in 4000BCE and play as the Romulans, the Zindi, the Klingons etc. I can name my cities after some of their charachters and watch them take over the Earth.

Though I donot ussually change the name of civilizaton, but I ussually try to incorporate my name in the leader's name plus adding an adjective.

You should be able to change names in the middle of the game. That way if you Persia and you take over say germany you could rename your country to Permany if you want to show/respect their influence on your society. Like in civ 3 if a country pissed me off and I conquered it I change the cities name to something disrespectful. Untill I cooled off... :king: I mean allot of cities and countries have been renamed so I'd like to show that...:goodjob:

I will be BKY of the Cross-Sword Empire OR Utopianist Union. The Utopianist Union would be a rename of the Inca probably and the Cross-Sword Empire MAY be a rename of the USA.

bman003 said:
Like in civ 3 if a country pissed me off and I conquered it I change the cities name to something disrespectful.

rofl, I did that all the time, I'm sorry to say

i may change the leader name to be LAnkou, the main change i do when i play the french is to add Guingamp and Perros Guirec to the city name list just after Paris

(hope french city will be well written this time, i'm fed up with Lyons and Rheims instead of Lyon and Reims)

Top Bottom