1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Napoleonic Wars II - Global

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by The Guardian, Jan 13, 2011.

1. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

Thanks Dumanios, I'll make those changes.

2. tolstoi

tolstoi Chieftain

Hey, as a new guy on the forums i dont seem to figure this out, how can i find the biq file if i want to get it with your upgrades? I suppose i dont need to dowload whole 800MB package just for the biq?

tols

3. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

The new BIQ file has not been uploaded yet. I am still working on it. I finished making the correction suggested by you and Dumanios.

I am currently working on adding additional units and improvements to expand the East India Company aspect of the scenario. The East India Company small wonder will now be available to eight of the European nations including:
    Britain
    Netherlands
    France
    Spain
    Portugal
    *Denmark
    *Sweden
    *Italy

Those listed with an asterick have not yet been completed.
    New improvements have been added. Each of these nations will have 3 EIC HQ improvements, 1 each in the Caribbean, Africa and Asia. The HQ improvement is a prerequisite for a second new improvement, the EIC barracks which will autoproduce a new UU unit for each of these civs, the EIC company Infantry.

The new East India Company small wonders will be buildable in one of each civs that has required resources within its city limits, and will auto produce EastIndiaman ships. Consequently, the EastIndiaman will only be buildable by these civs.

Some additional cities have also been added.

A new barbary pirate unit (Pirate Skirmisher) has been added.
    Attack 8 Defense 8
    Blitz and Amphibious

Some minor adjustments have been made to the map. Additional Sea tiles have been added to block the iceberg nature unit from moving south of Greenland into the Atlantic or Alaska into the Pacific.

These changes will require additional work on the civilopedia along with the errors already noted previously. However, This update can be completed in a few days and will include the new BIQ file, units, and improvements/buildings. The civilopedia can be completed later and provided seperately with no problem.

4. Wolfshade

Wolfshade Little Winger

Good news! :) Any news for an "Eturnus Palma" (expected in the appropriate thread)?

5. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

It seems that Imperator has gone AWOL and I am still waiting on the remaining units. I have inserted existing units for the time being to represent the units that I want. I am continuing with play testing to fine tune the game balance.

6. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

I have posted a DL link at the bottom of page 1 of this thread for the latest upgrade for the scenario which includes the updeated BIQ file as well as the folders containing the new units, building/improvements, civilopedia icons, techs, advisors, and text files.

Copy the folders to there appropriate locations. If asked if you want to overwrite existing files, click yes to all.

If you have any problems or errors after upgrading, post here and I will provide assistance.

The civilopedia file will be upgraded as soon as possible to reflect the changes.

7. tolstoi

tolstoi Chieftain

The link you added doesnt seem to work, or is it firefox causing me trouble? Also tried to go to your page guardian-drago.com but couldnt find the file there, either.

8. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

Thanks for the heads up tolstoi, there was a typo in the link. It has been fixed and should work now.
    :thanx:

9. tolstoi

tolstoi Chieftain

Received two error messages, i figured the solution myself: in folder art/tech chooser/icons EICLarge and EICSmall should be named as EICLarge2 and EICSmall2. i HOPE just renaming them makes it function properly, at least i was able to load the game and wiew civilopedia, but its been long since i modded anything so i might forget something that i didnt check out.

Also few other things:
    1) Russia doesnt have capital :p
    2) Smiths Trading Company is located in Berlin (though its ment to be built by Brits)
    3) Prussia has a starting unit (austrian artillery) which is generated in a random location of the map.

10. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

Thanks for the heads up Tolstoi. Fixed all except #3 couldn't find austrian artillery you mentioned. Can you be more specific? Let me where it is and if there are any other problems, then I will repost the update.

11. tolstoi

tolstoi Chieftain

The artilley is in scenario properties> players> starting units. No other civilization has any, exept prussia.

12. tolstoi

tolstoi Chieftain

EIC HQ Carib is an improvement without anything in it (empty page in editor)
    Dutch East Indian Company is marked as 'Wonder' but other nations EIC's are 'Small Wonders'
    Hmm not sure if the other settings are right with these EIC's; for example HQ Asia is requiring tech EU but others are not needing any.

13. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

All EICHQ's are pre placed and not buildable. EIC HQ is a requirement for each EIC Barracks.

14. clamel

clamel Prince

What happend to this great stuff ???

The file 1.04 seams to be broken.
    Even the website is out.

The status please, someone

15. clamel

clamel Prince

I do return to this with the same question, that´s why I bump it .....

The Guardian, how is everything ????

Imperator has indeed filled up many vacant units since last summer, perhaps you feel the urge to complete this nice piece of work ?

16. abie321

abie321 Chieftain

O hav eplayed the game now until turn 135 , and have found there is no pcx for the War College in France and the game crashed - so I checked and I noticed there were 2 files named war council - so I renamed the one war college - and the game then no longer crashed.... and continues to run... ps I am running version p1.01

I see that the war college can not in fact allow armies to be built - so the bic file will need updating as well.....

17. abie321

abie321 Chieftain

I have tried a few civs on this scenario and cannot get armies to be built - closest I got was with china - however - every time It needed to build one - game crashed... also no wonderspash for Ankor wat and crystal tower - and my limited skills did not allow me to fix any of it ..... :eek:

18. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Link to upgrade 1.04 leads to a 404 error. Anyone have a different link or have the file to upload?

19. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

Bumping this. Hopefully The Guardian can reupload it.

20. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

:bump: Looks like an interesting scenario, and I might have some time to try it out in the near future. Hopefully the 1.04 BIQ can be re-uploaded!