• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

National trading

CYZ

Toileteer
I've come up with an idea about bonus resources in this thread. I'd really would like to give it a try to work this out in a mod somehow.

Basicly bonusresources become resources you can distribute among your cities, exactly like how luxuries can be distributed among civs.

They will give +1 food in the city they are given too but just like luxuries you only get the bonus once per type. So if you have 2 sheep in one city, you get +1 food, trade one away to another city and both cities get +1 food.

It'd be preferred if this distribution can only incur in cities linked to the trade network. Also, they are not to be traded to other civs, only among your own cities.

Now I'm wondering, what would be needed to do this? Is it hard? I have zero modding skills (don't even understand how this forum works sometimes) and hope someone can give some advice on wheter or not this would be too ambitious.

i've done a mod where you can build a granary and get +10 :c5food: in that city, 2 wheat resources are consumed.
you can make buildings for other bonus resources such as sheep, cattle, fish etc using the same mechanic.

though i do not know how to prevent bonus resources from being traded internationally.

if you can draw icons for those new buildings we could combine our efforts to make a big mod

for sheep it could be woolen mill (produces +8 :c5gold:, consumes 2 sheep), available with economics
slaughter house (+4 :c5food:, consumes 1 cattle)
smokehouse (+3 :c5food:, consumes 1 fish)
grain elevator: +10 :c5food: for 2 wheat (available with railroad)
granary: +5 :c5food: for 1 wheat

I really appreciate your input. I don't want to have buildings though, not yet at least.

I'd like a resource to be available once improved. It then provides +1 food in said city but can be traded away to other cities to give +1 food there.

So no special buildings (yet). Just making bonus resources available and tradeable among your own cities. Know what I mean?

Top Bottom