National wonders balance discussion

1.) Do you feel the requirementchange on the NWs was a good idea?

I have been looking around but have not found a changelog or a description of the new requirement. I understand it is based on population but could you point me to the details ?

I have been looking around but have not found a changelog or a description of the new requirement. I understand it is based on population but could you point me to the details ?

Not sure if such details exists, but I can do my best to try and explain it to you.

NW now have two different requirements instead of the old one.
NWs now only require having the related building in the city you want to build the NW in. Example: You don't need baracks in all cities to build heroic epic, only in the city you want to build heroic epic in
NWs now have a national population requirement before you can build them I think it starts out with 25 national population(Population in all cities combined) for National College and National Epic and goes up from there, but don't quote me on that

Thanks!
I understand the choice and it is better than vanilla in most cases for sure. Nonetheless, I think it has imperfections:

• As you said, very hard to get National Wonders for OCC
  • Isn't it a bit strange to be able to build a national college with only 1 public school?

Having a high population is a general goal of the game so I don't feel like this new requirement is specific enough for NWs.

Proposition:
  • Having the base building in the city, obviously
  • Having the base building in X% of cities (something between 20% and 50%)
  • Having a minimum population N in the civilization OR N/M in the city (M=2 ? 3 ?)

[*]Isn't it a bit strange to be able to build a national college with only 1 public school?
Library* but yes somewhat weird. But you could do that in vanilla aswell as long as you only had one city.

Proposition:
  • Having the base building in the city, obviously
  • Having the base building in X% of cities (something between 20% and 50%)
  • Having a minimum population N in the civilization OR N/M in the city (M=2 ? 3 ?)
Yeah, that last point is about what I suggested, the middlepoint I'm not sure about maybe. People seem to like the new system, and building buildings is kinda it's own reward. But it sure have cheapened the NWs in general, especially those requiring weird buildings that you normally wouldn't build. I'm looking at you heroic epic and National Intelligence Agency!

I support your effort. OCC is my favorite game mode and I would like to still be able to build NWs!

Easier solution is just to reduce the pop amounts by a % for OCC in the Dll. Problem solved. :)

G

Please add a simular reduction to Venice aswell in that case, we don't want to force them to grab the first available citystate just to be able to pump out a national college.

In vanilla Venice have always had a national wonder advantage, so this is kinda thematic.

Nat College - nerfed down, maybe something like +4, 25%.
Could do 3 flat science 25% science and a scientist.

I am a big fan of this change for a few reasons:

1) The national college is just too strong of a building for its place in the tech tree.

2) I think it messes with the happiness system, as it provides some massive bumps to science between capitals and non capitals.

3) This frees up some science we can put back into the system in other fun ways.

I am a big fan of this change for a few reasons:

1) The national college is just too strong of a building for its place in the tech tree.

2) I think it messes with the happiness system, as it provides some massive bumps to science between capitals and non capitals.

3) This frees up some science we can put back into the system in other fun ways.

I thought you said everyone was fine earlier on? :D

Come bring some suggestions now, bro, there is nothing that can't be improved upon.

Top Bottom