NC 184 - Roosevelt

@DrCron @yyeah
Spoiler :
Haven't checked AZs game, but for me GLH followed by city spam is very clear but makes the game perhaps a bit too easy. I have played on to about 700 AD and I think I can win it any way I please.

@sampsa
Spoiler :

Yea maybe this isnt hardest map i ever played, for sure it isnt, but its allways deity, and on deity something just can go worng and gg.
Probably thats why we love this dificulty, some of pps just dont realize this is like not 1 but ( at least) 2 lvls above imm, comparably emp-imm.?

How your game is going ? Did you follow with Saladins religion or this other 2 guys ?
Did you get DoWed / some is plotting ?

@yy - TMIT once stated that going from IMM->Deity is like going from Noble->IMM. I've always considered that a faily valid assessment, but by virtue of the statement itself denoting the "process" of moving up levels. I think once one has played years of Deity one loses that perspective.

Last edited:
@yyeah
Spoiler :
I agree, it's still deity. Maybe I got lucky in my game as I share a religion with Sal (judaism), making me immune to him. Two other close dudes founded buddhism and hinduism but are neither fighting nor expanding. Just sitting there, waiting for my cannons. ;)

@lymond
Moveing up lvls its a lot of fun i still remember going up from Prince to Monarch then Emeror, and yea stoped on Imm and then i was winning 100% on Imm and just couldnt beat Deity it was imossible :).
Moveing from Imm to Deity take me as much time as Prince ( or Noble) to Imm.

Deity 1390AD

Spoiler :

I post some ss's from my attemp on this one. Basicly what iam planning to do here is, since i didnt get GE( rng god) idk can i will be able to found mining, it can be too late.
So i go with something new i dont know is it doable on deity :dunno:... go for sushi and run a lot of GM's with US then just buy army of maybe tanks and nukes :hmm: and yea try to win conq/dom from there.

My diplo kind of sucks becouse i didnt focus on that , i can allways win space but yea i want to try something new.

land
Spoiler :

i fill this land with sushi

tech race
Spoiler :

diplo
Spoiler :

Last edited:
Well, I decided to give this map a shot, on deity, and record it:

I don't think most people will have time for videos, so I'll tell you here the main BIG difference between my game and everyone else's:

Spoiler :

Buddhism was founded on the other side of the map! Saladin got Hinduism and spread it to England and China, so we have a Hindu love fest on our side of the map. If it stays like this invading any of them would be a huge diplo issue for me. I'm not at 1 AD yet, but I'm already thinking about peaceful expansion and careful diplo handling + mass media b-lining to win a diplo victory. It's starting to look like the easiest option.

Deity 1650AD
Spoiler :

Just :science: Flight and we are now in Modern era everybody sw building Airports and yea i think this map will be much less micro heavy with it.
Manage to found Mining Inc 1595AD so i wont go US but standard Rep Caste.
My plan for vic... i would like to go Dom/Conq but it will be so micro heavy idk do i have :strength: for that, however space is like no problem :hmm: i did allrdy so much micro managment i probably should have some fun now, and just go for Modern war :satan:
Some ss's

Land
Spoiler :

tech race
Spoiler :

diplo
Spoiler :

Mao is plotting a war i demand 1:gold: from he but he refused :wow:, later he demand AL from me and i agreed. I need like 10T to be rdy for anything what they got.

Edit.
Ok iam plotting :)
This is what we got for a nice start.
Spoiler :

I compleatly forgot about USA UU for sure will be useing them :)

There will be 3 this size armies.
Iam starting with China, then England beocuse they are close and ezy.

Attachments

• Rosi.CivBeyondSwordSave
    415.7 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
@yyeah: looks good, seems like you are on the way to an easy win. Why don't you change to free religion and...

Spoiler :
...attack Saladin? Your diplo with everyone else would improve.

@DrCron
Spoiler :

Saladin is my friend and this is fine with me, i dont rly care about relations with others beocuse i will just conquer them. Allso iam running Theocracy for promotions.
And if Saladin will be too close to like space, hes my neighbour and i will have no problem with takeing him out in like no time.

Iam not sure about a win yet now iam fighting Ottomans and China since Mao bribed them against me. But yea i have enough production power to pull this off.

This is Deity :run:
Spoiler :

Now iam at war like everybody :gripe:, Mao cap to England. Allways something have to go wrong :sad:.
How was it, war is allways like stepping in to dark room, you never knows what is in ? idk is it proper translation.

Persia is at war with France and ... rest is at war with me

Time to use a bit of help from my friend.

Hell yeah thats what i think :).

Last edited:
@yyeah:

Oh man, I really hate the peace-vassaling mechanic. It always feels unfair.

Spoiler :

The mere fact that Mao peace-vassaled to England seems really annoying. But I guess it was more or less to be expected considering the religious situation. I'd say this was another reason to swap to free rel and go for Saladin. He would have been pretty isolated being the only Hindu in the world. Though he might still have bribed someone into you. I guess at least with this option you had a friend to bribe in. If Suly doesn't bring something really big to your western territory you should be ok.

@DrCron

Spoiler :

Yea that was wierd becosue i had like 1.1 to 1.4 ( green thing in general moust of time) of Saladins power ratio and Arabia was stronger then Englad so i was a lot stronger then Englad heaving probably
~1.5 1.6 :strength: vs England and he still decided to DoW me.

why ?

Edit.
Oh ok i got it i have to upload missle in a city... :king:.
Well if i could fly with it , would be kind odd :lol:.
Spoiler :

Why i cannot carry a missle ?

Last edited:
That was neverending game :).
Deity Domination 1886AD
Spoiler :

This was a joke :) 25h game and ... i though i have to start another war

couple of turns later

Ottomans was so hard to cap, he was defending with WE's against my modern armor and Jet Fighter still didnt want to cap had to take a lot of cities from him.

Nice map @dutchfire i had a lot of use of hes traits UU UB this map was just yea made for America :), Big game on B&S and Dom isnt ezy got to tell you that.
Spoiler :

Isnt doable without corps i think.

Last edited:
@yyeah:

Congrats on your victory! I'm still playing it, it's not going too bad so hopefully I can win it too.

@DrCron

Thanks :) i have seen your 1st part of video, probably i will c the rest but like right now i dont have :strength: to c this map another time. My game took like 25h :crazyeye: need a bit break until i can see it again,
And yea good luck nice that you are making videos i allways love to watch some deity civ4 :thumbsup:.

This is a good map to remind people that if an AI creates a vassal, they can NEVER lose it. Even if the vassal has three times the amount of cities and power. It's not like peace-vassaling or capitulating. The created vassal (a colony) can never be liberated.

I hardly ever play maps full of large islands so I had completely forgotten this mechanic :cry:

Glad to see someone got to use the UU :)

Emperor - normal - NH/NE
Spoiler :

This is a land grab map with TGL and Colossus paying big dividends. I managed to secure both of these wonders along with SH for border pops and rexed to about 20 decent sites before expansion petered out. From there, I just grew my cities using water tiles for lots of commerce. I was way ahead of every other civ in tech and eventually bulbed Steel.

I'm going for a conquest/domination victory but due to this type of map it'll take quite awhile. Currently I've conquered Salidan and Sully at about 1800AD with cannon/rifles - I'm now at about 32 cities and it's just a matter of grinding the victory out.

Emperor - normal - NH/NE - Conquest 1916 AD
Spoiler :

Victory took quite awhile due to the need to ferry units back and forth. Built a few UU just for fun; but tanks/artillery would have been plenty.

Top Bottom