Need for Speed: Building upgrade line fix

Pla5ma

Chieftain
Since some days Zap and I are talking about speed up of ROM.
Right now I´m working to improve some routines which are often called during round change and first work is done.

I tested it today and its a nice speed up in late game.
If you dont want to wait until 2.7 you can add the first fix now.... :):):)

Only one file must be replaced:

Attachments

• CvEventManager.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 66
Oh forgot.

Its includes multiplayer OOS fix for Colonists and Pioneers too.

I guess this doesn't break save?

Ok, this will speed up the time it takes between turns in RoM, is that right? Just unzip right into the RoM folder? I have to say that would be welcomed, I was amazed when turns on a huge map went from 3 seconds in BTS to like 10-20 with RoM, this is a computer with 8 gigs of fast ram and an overcloked E8500 cpu.

Right now it speeds up check of building upgrade line.

This check occurs "after" round change. When marks on player names deleted but round change goes on.
It is used by every city which finished production of a building.
In late game with large maps, many player and high built rate this can happen very often.

But its only one point which makes round changes slow.
Its not possible to make 5s rounds in late game but I found many things which can be optimized.
And many are finished right now at the moment. I´m spamming Zap every day.... :)

PS: Sorry for my bad english today. I´m testing many things right now and I´m a little bit braindeath.

Just continue to be braindeath, it look like it is not that bad after all.
Good work . . .

By the way the Donation for all the work you zaparra and co, is it UNICEF? (no joke)

Yesterday I put this file into my current game in progress, and there's a noticeable reduction in inter-turn time already. This is a giant map with currently 23 players (give or take one or two since there are revolutions and wars going on) in the renaissance. Good job! I'm eagerly awaiting further releases. :)

Top Bottom