Need Help Trying to Port a Scenario to a Larger Map

B-29_Bomber

Warlord
The Context: I'm trying to take the absolutely amazing scenario Age of Imperialism Deluxe Version made by El Justo to a much larger map (it's TETurkhan's Test of Time 2.0 362x362 map), mostly to simply push myself to see what I can do. Even if I can do it, it'd probably take months at best.:dunno:

The Problem: I've run into a major roadblock. When I tried to port AoI's assets to the new map well... something happened... Basically the terrain textures, unit and resource sprites, etc, seemed to have converted over but the rest of the data, like unit, terrain, resource, buildings, and civilization data didn't...

What did I do wrong? Did I do anything wrong? Do I have to do all that by hand?

If the answers to the above questions is "Nothing, No, and Yes", then I just played myself, didn't I?

I just saddled myself with a whole lot of work, didn't I? All in time for my 30th birthday...

I must secretly enjoy my own pain and suffering...

You didn't mention whether you did this with the firaxis editor (comes with the game) or with Quintillus' editor (available here at CFC C3C) or used some other method. Can make a difference - each has its quirks.

The short executive summary answer is that - generally speaking - importing a scenario onto a new map only imports the rules. City & unit placement have to be done by hand.

You didn't mention whether you did this with the firaxis editor (comes with the game) or with Quintillus' editor (available here at CFC C3C) or used some other method. Can make a difference - each has its quirks.

The short executive summary answer is that - generally speaking - importing a scenario onto a new map only imports the rules. City & unit placement have to be done by hand.

I used the Firaxis editor. Could never get Quintillus' editor to work. Sorry, never even considered that.:cringe:

I'm not talking about unit or city placement I'm talking about I'm talking about the actual data in the rules editor. All the units are the default C3C units, all the resources are the default C3C resources, all the civs are the default C3C civs, all the techs are all the default C3C techs, etc, etc. However, all the of graphical assets, for instance the unit sprites, are all Age of Imperialism assets.

Naturally, I don't know what the Civilopedia will be like until I load the scenario into the game and I'm not going to do that until I'm closer to completion.

You sure got all the Rules ticked?

Attachments

• Import Rules Players.png
    Import Rules Players.png
    372.8 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom