Need help with controls

Dodds

Chieftain
I'm playing on a Mac laptop, and i can't attack cities. Being on a laptop there's no number pad, simply the numbers along the top and so i can't move my units like i have for years on my imac- merely use the move button at the bottom of the screen. However, while i can use this to attack other units i can't use it on other cities. Obviously this is rather detrimental.

Anybody know how to move people on a mac laptop?! Are there any other ways to move units?

Hi, welcome :wavey:

I never use the numeric pad to move units, even though I have one. Here are a few alternatives:

- You can drag a single unit to a destination tile using the mouse. A target circle follows the mouse, and the unit moves when you release the mouse button.

- You can hit G when a single unit is selected and then click on a destination tile for that unit.

- You can hit J when a unit is selected and then click a destination tile for the whole stack. If you us a modifier key (Command?) this will only move the stacked units of the same type as the selected unit.

- On a laptop you should be able to hit a key that enables a numeric pad in the right hand half of the alpha keyboard, but I don't know how useful this is in Civ3.

Thank you.

It started to work fine when i loaded it up again, but thanks for the shortcuts.

Thank you.

It started to work fine when i loaded it up again, but thanks for the shortcuts.

I play most of my games on my laptop, but normally use a two-button mouse for movement. Click and drag works well, as does select and then use the GoTo button. I use the select unit and then the GoTo button a lot for my naval units.

Top Bottom