Need some help with Noble

So for a diplo victory, I could still win, if I have less cities than my AI counterparts, simply because my population would/could be higher?

As far as I know, one pop per vote is the rule for elections. The other exists only to make the demographics more interesting, and to improve on messages like "Congratulations, the burgeoning [CivName] now holds twenty souls!"

Man, this thread helped me a lot! Before i was barely able to keep up with the AI in warlord, as i keep playing on archpelago and foccusing entirely on research and wonders.

Now, after reading the posts here and some links provided, my gameplay changed a lot, as i used to play in marathon, i'm doing some thing i didn't before, like:

Playing on continents: i liked to play on archipelago, so i could develop my techs alone, some times the AI just showed up with a lot of units and wrecked havok(?) on my tech empire as i had no money to upgrade my units nor hush them and had to wait until they got ready. On continents it seems easier to make a early rush to get predominance over one AI and gain some nice cities.

The value of slavery: For me it still seems strange to see my nice cities shrink just to end the production of something, but before i ever thought about this possibility...

I hate trees before industrial age: I usually don't teared trees down to get some hammers later, but now i'm the terror of the forrests!!!

Religion: I used to get a religion in archipelago, but it seems to spread only if you share borders with some nation. So in archipelago games, i was usually alone with my religion, now on continents i have some brothers in faith!

So, warlord seems easier now, and i feel less noob now, i will pay more two or three games and then go up to noble and see if i can stand up this time...

Brazilian thanks to the op and to all people that posted here...

So I had a look since I like being able to see for myself. Just for my own info, how can/ why would you fit 2 more cities in that tiny spot? Wouldn't that be some serious overlapping? I am only asking because the OP's game seems like one of my games. Is it because the additional commerce the 2 additional cities would bring through:

1. The city center tile.

2. Working the cottages around the city would generate commerce

3. New trade routes per city.

4. Because the cities are close to the capital, minimal maintenance

Does this make sense? Because if so, I've been missing out on alot :(

The main reason these cities should be settled is because each one has access to an unused dye tile and a sugar tile. Dye adds +5 commerce (IIRC) which right there would probably make the city break even since they are close to the capitol, and the sugar adds two food to support growth. Plus, there is a lot of green areas for each city allowing for more cottages, farms, and workshops. Once these little cities develop, you can use them to build wealth which helps you increase your science slider upward.

NPM

Top Bottom