Need some help

1CrazyCanadian

Chieftain
Hello fellow modders, mappers and teachers alike. I'm working a multiplayer mod for an earth map at the moment and I have run into a snag.

I can do basic stuff of editing units, leaders, creating units, editing maps etc... but this part requires actual programming which I have very little experience.

What I want on the map is leader selection. Now on a scenario all the civilizations are preset by X and Y starting locations so the leader is also set via the map editor.

Now I can get leader selection if I don't place the civ on the map. But then the starting positions are based on players. Player 1 start in a spot etc....... but they will always start there and I could pick any civ/leader.

If you want a better example take Rhye's Earth 18 map. All the leaders and civs are preset. Now make that map with the civs preset and have leader selection for each of the civilization. Meaning England could be Victoria/Elizabeth/Churchill and the person playing them gets to choose.

If anyone can help with this predicament I'm in please post and if you are interested into help with the mod email my account on here.

Top Bottom