Never Before Seen Leader Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry V (England) 16
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 27
Kangxi (China) 21 (24-3)
Khosrow I (Persia) 20
Philip II Augustus (France) 19 (18+1) A fine leader for France! Would also fit for a Crusade scenario involving some other great leaders that were his contemporaries...
Thutmose III (Egypt) 23 (26-3) He wouldn't be a bad choice, really not. But I'd like to have an Egypt without war focus. Instead make it a super builder and/or diplomacy civ led by Senwosret III or even more buildery led by Snofru. I think the Middle Kingdom should get a leader for once. People often forget that it was the high point of Egypt's long history in many ways. Sure, it was more imperialistic in the later bronze age - but the whole country got transformed in the Middle Kingdom and Poetry and Literature never got to the same level later. It's also a high point of new innovations in building techniques and arts. So why not choose a Pharaoh of this Golden Age?
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 26

Henry V (England) 16
Kangxi (China) 21
Khosrow I (Persia) 20-3=17 - Persia, while having long and interesting history, is one of the Civs led by the arguably best leader. Also, the Persian Civ is quite recent in game - I don't think a second leader for them is necessary.
Philip II Augustus (France) 19
Thutmose III (Egypt) 23+1=24 - Old or Middle Kingdom Pharaoh would be a nice choice, but I wouldn't throw away Thutmose III just because of being a Pharaoh of the New Kingdom. After all, a second leader for Egypt is necessary, and this man was one of the most significant Pharaohs in the entire Egyptian history.
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 26

Last edited:
Henry V (England) (16-3)=13 I don't find him as interesting as the others
Kangxi (China) (21+1)=22 He's a great choice for an alt leader for China, better than Yongle :p
Khosrow I (Persia) 17
Thutmose III (Egypt) 24
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 26

Henry V (England) 13-3=10 I don't care for him as much as the others.
Kangxi (China) 22+1=23 One of the best Chinese Emperors.
Khosrow I (Persia) 17
Thutmose III (Egypt) 24
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 26

Henry V (England) 10
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 28 (27+1) he fits very well
Kangxi (China) 20 (23-3) Yongle, Yongle, Yongle
Khosrow I (Persia) 17
Thutmose III (Egypt) 24
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 26

Henry V (England) 10
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 28
Kangxi (China) 20 + 1 = 21 (Yongle was nowhere near as accomplished as Kangxi, and a naval China led by Yongle would be only as powerful as the weak Norwegians in Civ VI)
Khosrow I (Persia) 17 - 3 = 14 (I don't think Persia in Civ VI is quite geared for such a later Persian leader, and Persia already has a capable leader representing it)
Thutmose III (Egypt) 24
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 26

Henry V (England) 10
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 28-3=25 - Russia is in low need of second leader. Peter the Great was probably the best leader choice to lead Russia, and Civs with a good leader are automatically lower priority than Civs with a bad leader.
Kangxi (China) 21
Khosrow I (Persia) 14
Thutmose III (Egypt) 24+1=25 - Egypt is one of the Civs with a bad leader. Also, it has very long history. A second leader for Egypt is necessary.
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 26

Henry V (England) (10-3)=7 He failed to conquer France, and that is all I know him for.
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 25
Kangxi (China) (21+1)=22 Forget fat Yongle! I rather have the best Qing emperor be an alt leader for China.
Khosrow I (Persia) 14
Thutmose III (Egypt) 25
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 26

Henry V (England) 7
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 26 (25+1) I like this very old and monochrome film about him.
Kangxi (China) 19 (22-3) I did not get the different between him and the actual first leader. Yongle would give China a new touch.
Khosrow I (Persia) 14
Thutmose III (Egypt) 25
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 26

Henry V (England) 7 He actually did take the French crown and forced the French king Charles VI to sue for peace. He was stopped only by dying from dysentery. Also was a truly English king, advocating the use of actual English in government. He also unified England in a way that healed past wounds (restoring heirs that lost property in previous ages). He was charismatic and popular with his troops (particularly after the surprising victory at Agincourt, which raised morale immensely). He also fought valiantly at the age of 17 against Welsh forces. He also used diplomacy successfully to keep others out of his conflict with France. Basically the perfect candidate for a second English ruler for Civ VI.
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 26
Kangxi (China) 19 + 1 = 20 (Differences are Qin was a murderous tyrant who sought immortality and hated on scholars and Confucians, Kangxi a Confucian-loving scholar, poet, warrior and bureaucrat who was successful in almost all aspects of his rule. Maybe you should go back and read my reaction post about this...)
Khosrow I (Persia) 14 - 3 = 11 (Not convinced Khosrow really fits the Civ Persia which mostly deals with ancient Persia)
Thutmose III (Egypt) 25
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 26

Last edited:
Henry V (England) 7
Kangxi (China) 20
Khosrow I (Persia) 11-3=8 - Persia doesn't need another leader.
Thutmose III (Egypt) 25+1=26 - Egypt does.
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 26

Henry V (England) 7
Kangxi (China) (20+1)=21 I'm displeased by the Kangxi hate.
Khosrow I (Persia) (8-3)=5 Persia can wait for a second leader
Thutmose III (Egypt) 26
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 26

Henry V (England) 7
Kangxi (China) 21+1=22 Kangxi was one of the best leaders in Chinese history and it would be interesting for what his agenda would be.
Khosrow I (Persia) 5
Thutmose III (Egypt) 26
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 26-3=23 He made one of the earliest set of laws and had an interesting life even from what little is known about him. With all that is said, I don't think he deserves first place but if Sumer gets a second leader it would definitely be him.

Henry V (England) 8 (7+1) I have to admit that his portrait fits perfect to the comic style of the game.
Kangxi (China) 19 (22-3) too many points
Khosrow I (Persia) 5
Thutmose III (Egypt) 26
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Henry V (England) 8 + 1 = 9 (I think he can at least beat out Khosrow, even if he's not as ancient or empire-wide as some of the others on this list. Truly an English national hero of sorts, and it makes sense that Shakespeare would portray him heroically in his play accordingly.)
Kangxi (China) 19
Khosrow I (Persia) 5 - 3 = 2 (Unfortunately doesn't fit Persia as shown in Civ VI).
Thutmose III (Egypt) 26
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Henry V (England) 9
Kangxi (China) 19 + 1 = 20 10,000 years!
Khosrow I (Persia) 2 - 3 = ELIMINATED Civ VI's Persia is based on the Achaemenid era and it would not be easy to shoehorn him.
Thutmose III (Egypt) 26
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Henry V (England) 9
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 26 - 3 =23. Just picking on the leaders because I think the remaining are all good choices. Plus Russia has a better leader choice than Egypt in base game.
Kangxi (China) 20
Philip II Augustus (France) 19 + 1= 20. Military oriented France without the Corsican.
Thutmose III (Egypt) 26
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Henry V (England) 9
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 23-3=20 - Russia has a good leader already.
Kangxi (China) 20
Philip II Augustus (France) 20
Thutmose III (Egypt) 26+1=27 - Egypt doesn't.
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Henry V (England) 9
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) (20-3)=17 Giving Henry V a break, Russia can wait for a second leader, plus towards the end of his reign, Ivan IV developed mental illness. I know it makes for an interesting leaderscreen, but it can lead to stereotyping of mentally ill people.
Kangxi (China) (20+1)=21 Agreed by historians to be one of the greatest emperors of China, his clothing is also different enough from Qin Shi Huang to distinguish him.
Philip II Augustus (France) 20
Thutmose III (Egypt) 27
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Henry V (England) 9 + 1 = 10 (One of England's most worthy monarchs, who essentially won France via military conquest and subsequent treaty (after the French king sued for peace). He was stopped only by death from disease. An accomplished warrior and administrator who made English national identity stronger, hence his appearance in Shakespeare's play devoted to Henry V)
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 17
Kangxi (China) 21
Philip II Augustus (France) 20 - 3 = 17 (I think there are better options for France; accomplished as Philip II was. Also, do we really need another Philip II in the game? We have Philip II Augustus' neighbor Philip II to the west already in the game.)
Thutmose III (Egypt) 27
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom