Not open for further replies.
Bayt al-Hikma - 36
Chan Chan - 16
El Caracol of Chichen Itza - 31
Grand Bazaar of Istanbul - 18
Oost-Indisch Huis - 31
Palace of Knossos - 31
Tāq Kasrā - 26
Temple of Jupiter in Baalbek - (14+1)=15 It's a great world heritage site and once very large temple. It deserves to hang on for a little longer.
Theatre of Sabratha - (18-3)=15 With the numerous Greco-Roman theaters that exist throughout the Mediterranean (Epidaurus, Pergamon, Palmyra, Orange, Aspendos, etc), this one doesn't seem that special to warrant being made into an in-game wonder.
Torre del Oro - 16
Uraniborg - 36

Bayt al-Hikma - 36
Chan Chan - 16 - 3 = 13 It's one of the least interesting of the list, for me
El Caracol of Chichen Itza - 31
Oost-Indisch Huis - 31
Palace of Knossos - 31 + 1 = 32 I think it would be nice on the map, among other reasons.
Tāq Kasrā - 26
Temple of Jupiter in Baalbek - 15
Theatre of Sabratha - 15
Torre del Oro - 16
Uraniborg - 36

Bayt al-Hikma - 36
Chan Chan - 13
El Caracol of Chichen Itza - 31 - 3 = 28 A bit too high, too similar in both name and architecture with Chitzen Itza. I think Chitzen Itza will be sufficient as Maya wonder.
Grand Bazaar of Istanbul - 18 + 1 = 19 Original, new commercial and Arab/Turkish/Ottoman wonder.
Oost-Indisch Huis - 31
Palace of Knossos - 32
Tāq Kasrā - 26
Theatre of Sabratha - 15
Torre del Oro - 16
Uraniborg - 36

So, we're heading to the top 10... Which one of these is the least worthy of being in the top 10?

Bayt al-Hikma - 36
Chan Chan - 13-3=10 - Definitely looks interesting, but I think it's among the weakest now. I know it was one of the greatest cities in pre-Columbian America, but is a city a good Idea to be a wonder? (yeah, we have and probably will have Machu Picchu, but that one is a little bit different case)
El Caracol of Chichen Itza - 28
Grand Bazaar of Istanbul - 19
Oost-Indisch Huis - 31+1=32 - Maybe not as architecturally interesting as some others here, but definitely one of the most important, serving as the HQ of VOC.
Palace of Knossos - 32
Tāq Kasrā - 26
Theatre of Sabratha - 15
Torre del Oro - 16
Uraniborg - 36

Bayt al-Hikma - 36
Chan Chan - 10
El Caracol of Chichen Itza - (28+1)=29 I don't get Vahnstad's reasoning.:nono: It doesn't need to be called El Caracol of Chichen Itza, just El Caracol. And it's a completely different kind of wonder from Chichen Itza, being more scientific, as opposed to a Mesoamerican pyramid. A great Civilization like the Maya is worthy of having two wonders.
Grand Bazaar of Istanbul - 19
Oost-Indisch Huis -32
Palace of Knossos - 32
Tāq Kasrā - 26
Theatre of Sabratha - 15
Torre del Oro - (16-3)=13 Either this or Chan Chan or Theatre of Sabratha should go next. It's not that remarkable, and was simply a watchtower/prison.
Uraniborg - 36

Bayt al-Hikma - 36
Chan Chan - 10
El Caracol of Chichen Itza - 29
Grand Bazaar of Istanbul - 19 - 3 = 16 I think it could be better represented as an unique district.
Oost-Indisch Huis - 32 + 1 = 33 As I have said many times, great choice for Dutch wonder.

Palace of Knossos - 32
Tāq Kasrā - 26
Theatre of Sabratha - 15
Torre del Oro - 13
Uraniborg - 36

Looks like this round won't be won by religious wonder :)

Bayt al-Hikma - 36
Chan Chan - 10-3=7 - Something has to go now.
Grand Bazaar of Istanbul - 16+1=17 - I think it should stay a little bit longer. Bazaar is a good idea for Ottoman UD/UB, but I think the Grand Bazaar of Istanbul would make a good trade wonder.
Oost-Indisch Huis - 33
Palace of Knossos - 32
Tāq Kasrā - 26
Theatre of Sabratha - 15
Torre del Oro - 13
Uraniborg - 36

Last edited:
Bayt al-Hikma - 36
Chan Chan - 7
Grand Bazaar of Istanbul - 17
Oost-Indisch Huis - 34 (33+1) Bringing it a bit closer to the two science wonders.
Palace of Knossos - 32
Tāq Kasrā - 23 (26-3) As I said before, the palace is mainly famous for its magnificent carpet Bahar-e Kisra that wouldn't be visible in the game. It puzzles me why it still has so many points tbh. It sure was a magnificent palace in its time, but would it look that great on the map? No. And we already have a palace Persian wonder.
Theatre of Sabratha - 15
Torre del Oro - 13
Uraniborg - 36

Bayt al-Hikma - 36
Chan Chan - (7-3)=4 Better off as a City-State. We shouldn't encourage Firaxis to turn Cities into Wonders.
Oost-Indisch Huis - 34 Ugh, this is gaining points. Someday I will have to stop that. :mischief:
Palace of Knossos - 32
Tāq Kasrā - 23 That arch was wondrous, and it's Persia's wonder in Age of Empires II :D
Temple of Jupiter in Baalbek - (15+1)=16 The last religious wonder, deservingly so.
Theatre of Sabratha - 15
Torre del Oro - 13
Uraniborg - 36

Bayt al-Hikma - 36 + 1 = 37 Very worthy scientific wonder
Chan Chan - 4
Oost-Indisch Huis - 34 Why do some people hate this? :rolleyes:
Palace of Knossos - 32
Tāq Kasrā - 23
Temple of Jupiter in Baalbek - 16 - 3 = 13 It is a temple, but I doubt it would give religious bonus. Probably a political wonder. Anyway, this is one of the wonders that least interests me from the remaining list.
Theatre of Sabratha - 15
Torre del Oro - 13
Uraniborg - 36

Bayt al-Hikma - 37
Chan Chan - 4
El Caracol of Chichen Itza - 30 (29+1) It's a neat science wonder. Problem is the naming - but this comes from Firaxis calling El Castillo Chichen Itza. If this would be included, I would like both to get rid of the Chichen Itza in their names. El Castillo could go with Pyramid/Temple of Kukulcán. The Caracol is usually just referred like that, I couldn't trace a maya name for it in papers - so why not just call it Caracol/El Caracol? It's more famous than other Mesoamerican observatories, so this is the one to use, even if it has this naming issue. But we can accept La Venta without problems, right? So why not El Caracol as well.
Oost-Indisch Huis - 34
Palace of Knossos - 29 (32-3) I get that this is one of the very few opportunities to represent the Minoans. Despite not liking several things about it personally ('Disneyland'), I also think that a palace wonder isn't the most pressing issue. And what would you put on the map? With the Apadana and the Forbidden City, Firaxis went with more or less single buildings. What would you do with Knossos - having all to make it resemble the Labyrinth on the map a bit? I'd rather have the mortuary temple of Amenemhet III as a Labyrinth wonder if any. In contrast to the Apadana and the Forbidden City, the Palace of Knossos is also not famous for the things that happened in it. So while it was an impressive structure, I don't think it should be in the top 5 here just because it is a rare opportunity to represent the Minoans.
Spoiler :
you could just use Emile Gilliéron as an atomic era artist to represent the Minoans :p

Tāq Kasrā - 23
Temple of Jupiter in Baalbek - 13
Theatre of Sabratha - 15
Torre del Oro - 13
Uraniborg - 36

We shouldn't encourage Firaxis to turn Cities into Wonders.
Exactly. Let's start with not having Machu Picchu. Except if they start a new category of archeological wonders like this, Pompeii or Akrotiri.

Bayt al-Hikma - 37
Chan Chan - 4-3=1 - Its time has come. Who will give it the final blow?
El Caracol of Chichen Itza - 30
Oost-Indisch Huis - 34+1=35 - Maybe not the most visually striking, but very important.
Palace of Knossos - 29
Tāq Kasrā - 23
Theatre of Sabratha - 15
Torre del Oro - 13
Uraniborg - 36

Bayt al-Hikma - 37
Chan Chan - 1 - 3 = ELIMINATED It's an entire city, not a wonder
Grand Bazaar of Istanbul - 17 + 1 = 18 Excellent wonder to pair with the Ottomans
Oost-Indisch Huis - 35
Palace of Knossos - 29
Tāq Kasrā - 23
Theatre of Sabratha - 15
Torre del Oro - 13
Uraniborg - 36

Bayt al-Hikma - 37
Oost-Indisch Huis - 35 It's fairly ordinary looking and wouldn't stand out in the game. That's my main problem with it. I also don't care for the Dutch East India Company, those imperialist pigs. :p
Palace of Knossos - 29
Tāq Kasrā - 23
Temple of Jupiter in Baalbek - (13+1)=14 It's a glorious colossal temple. I know so many will probably get added to the game (Parthenon, Statue of Zeus, Temple of Artemis), but I would like it to survive the theatre and the Spanish watchtower.
Theatre of Sabratha - (15-3)=12 It's not the best choice for a Greco-Roman theatre wonder so I will deduct points. Maybe the Theatre of Epidaurus is a better choice.
Torre del Oro - 13
Uraniborg - 36

@Siptah I still think the Inca deserve at least one wonder. Does Machu Picchu count as an actual city? I thought it was the estate of the Inca emperor?

@Siptah I still think the Inca deserve at least one wonder. Does Machu Picchu count as an actual city? I thought it was the estate of the Inca emperor?
City is a big word with lots of implications, so no, it wasn't a city. It was built as a royal estate, but had a constant population of about 1000 servants and farmers that were relocated there from several other parts of the empire. So calling it a village seems as appropriate as calling it an estate, especially since there aren't any traces of the elites besides the royal family - which makes a palace-like estate unlikely. I remember that you are an anthropologist: if you haven't, you might want to check the bioarcheological research that happened on the site. Really interesting methods and results investigating the bones of 74 people that were buried there. Can't wait for more. And yes, the Inca deserve a wonder, even if they weren't the most wonder building people. And they don't need a natural wonder, since the Andes already have one, even if it is far, far away in the deep south.

Bayt al-Hikma - 37
Oost-Indisch Huis - 35
Palace of Knossos - 29
Tāq Kasrā - 23
Temple of Jupiter in Baalbek - 14
Theatre of Sabratha - 12
Torre del Oro - 13 - 3 = 10 I think this should fall before the Theater of Sabratha
Uraniborg - 36 + 1 = 37 Balancing with Bayt al-Hikma

I guess the final four will be El Caracol, Bayt al-Hikma, Uraniborg and Oost-Indisch Huis.

Bayt al-Hikma - 37
Oost-Indisch Huis - 35+1=36 - Just moving it closer to scientific wonders. Also, I don't think it looks that mediocre.
Palace of Knossos - 29
Tāq Kasrā - 23
Temple of Jupiter in Baalbek - 14
Theatre of Sabratha - 12
Torre del Oro - 10-3=7 - I agree with @Xandinho. I'd rather have an ancient theatre wonder than Spanish watchtower.
Uraniborg - 37

Bayt al-Hikma - 37
Oost-Indisch Huis - 36
Palace of Knossos - 29
Tāq Kasrā - 23
Temple of Jupiter in Baalbek - 15 (14+1) Maybe this can outlast some more wonders.
Theatre of Sabratha - 12
Torre del Oro - 4 (7-3) While being visually less unique, I think the Archivo General de Indias is a better wonder from the oh so wonderful city of Seville.
Uraniborg - 37

After thinking about it, I changed my mind on the need for an Inka wonder @Guandao. Civ VI can get away with way more wonders in the game than V or IV due to placement requirements, the need of free tiles and worse wonder abilities. The DLC civs all came with a wonder of this civ (except Indonesia that came with Vinh Ha Long). I suppose this will go on and we will see some more DLC civs either before or after the first expansion. This will lead to a large amount of wonders in the game. However, I don't think that every civ added in an expansion will come with a wonder of its own. An expansion will add some wonders, but it seems also the best way to add wonders that belong to a civ that won't make it into the game (Uraniborg if Denmark doesn't make the cut, the Palace of Knossos) or is already present (like Bayt al-Hikma, Taj Mahal, Temple of Artemis etc.). I guess that we will see the Inka in the first expansion and this would lessen the chance for an Inka wonder considerably in my opinion. There is, however, also the possibility for a DLC that just adds wonders, natural wonders and city states again - like a 7 wonders of the world DLC that could give us the missing ones (but I doubt they would repeat that one, since it already was a thing in V).

Bayt al-Hikma - 37
Oost-Indisch Huis - 36
Palace of Knossos - 29
Tāq Kasrā - 23
Temple of Jupiter in Baalbek - (15+1)=16 Making sure it survives the theatre. A true wonder of the ancient world. And a good reason to visit Lebanon. :D
Theatre of Sabratha - 12
Torre del Oro - (4-3)=1 While the Spanish wonder in Age of Empires 2, it's not really that suitable for a Civ6 wonder.
Uraniborg - 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom