New Album by Christopher Tin released!

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
Christopher Tin, composer of the theme song to Civ IV 'Baba Yetu', is releasing a new album on May 8th. It's the follow up to his 2-time Grammy winning album 'Calling All Dawns', and is another world music/orchestral fusion album with sing...ers from around the world.

The Drop That Contained the Sea is a song cycle of ten songs around the theme of 'water'. It's sung in ten different languages, and features performances by many stars of world and classical music, including Soweto Gospel Choir, Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares, Dulce Pontes, Anonymous 4, Schola Cantorum, and many more. Each song is about a different form of water, like snow, rivers, and rain, and is ordered in the way that water flows through the world.

The album was premiered at Carnegie Hall on April 13th to a nearly-sold out crowd. The performance featured a full orchestra and 600 singers, and was preceded by a full performance of 'Calling All Dawns' as well.

Here's a link to a preview track from the album, called 'Iza Ngomso - "Come Tomorrow"'.

http://soundcloud.com/christophertin/iza-ngomso-sneak-preview

Chris also advises that he has a special deal for Civfanatics! People can pre-order autographed limited edition CDs, MP3s, and FLACs here:
>>> http://www.christophertin.com/presale

If you enter the special code CIVFANATICS, you get $1 off the presale price of CDs, FLACs and MP3s.

He answered a load of our questions here a while back, super nice guy.

Noooooo!

No more talk of Baba bloody Yeti!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I hated that music so much! And when you think how great the recent Civ music has been like BTS and G&K....just far far better.

Noooooo!

I hated that music so much! And when you think how great the recent Civ music has been like BTS and G&K....just far far better.

Meh, Baba was a really good trailer song. Feels very epic - even if Civ 5 has been out for a long, long time now, watching that trailer makes me want to play Civ 4.

Link to video.

Baba Yetu. And even if you dislike it, you have to respect it - it's the first game soundtrack to win a Grammy. And it is unique, it's not generic. The side effect is, of course, that it's more polarising. The more distinct, the more unusual, the more unique something is, the more likely it is to evoke either hate or love instead of just "heard that before".

Thanks for the bump Camikaze! I'd meant to order this last week, but forgot to - fortunately it's still possible to do the preorder even though it technically came out yesterday!

Civ4 is one of the few games that I occasionally just let sit at the main menu for awhile to take in the fantastic combination of Baba Yetu and the excellent Earth sunrise/sunset sequence. Few games put so much effort into a good first impression, and IMO neither Civ3 nor Civ5 came close in that regard. The entire Calling All Dawns album is also great, and I think this one is likely to be as well based on Iza Ngomso. Stereo Alchemy (Tin's second album) wasn't particularly to my tastes, so I skipped it, but it nevertheless did stand out from the crowd.

Top Bottom