New animation preview - feedback required!

Dark Sheer

Deity
Alright, this is what happen when a guy get bored at home when getting ready to travel. ;)

I suddenly got an urge to do an animation for the indian canoe so here it is. :D

The question is, should I do an attack animation for it or should I do a capture animation for it? Which means, ultimately should it have an attack value of 1 or a defense of 0 (strictly for exploring only) ?

For those who are interested in this unit, please give some fast feedback as I plan to finish it tomorrow (I only got 2 days before I fly to Beijing on the 17 and I want to finish this one plus the Humvee before I go ;) ). I will most likely continue to have access to the forum when I am there but not the first few days (Need the IT folks to set up internet access for me first and work only starts on 19/2. :cool: )

Here is a preview of the run animation sequence. :)

BTW, anyone know how to extract those Civ2 ToT sprite files for the animation? (I suddenly found my Civ2 ToT CD while clearing my room :lol: )

Attachments

• canoerun_sw.gif
    canoerun_sw.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 233
I think the unit has nice early capabilities for expanding travel without expanding colonization. My personal opinion tells me that you should go with the Capture animation and make this unit a default unit that explores and costs about the same as a warrior. Nice work on the run animation.

Enjoy Beijing.

Tell me to mind my own business Dark Sheer but I couldn't help but notice you had a star wars avatar. This would imply you are a star wars fan and maybe just maybe would be willing to help with some star wars modelling for the star wars mod. Fair enough if you don't have the time/energy/interest/desire to make some star wars units for the mods but you are without doubt one of the best modellers around and your input would help make the star wars mod a mod worth downloading.

Originally posted by Kefka
I think you should make it with some defence cause when its captured wont it turn in to a worker? out in the water?

Dang! You might be right about that one. But I was thinking more along the line of bombardment units? Anyway, has anyone used this unit and got it captured? I used it but none was captured so far (got a few sunk in sea or killed by barbarians but not captured so far). So if anyone got it captured let us know what happen! :D

Top Bottom