Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Mar 1, 2020.
Oh no, I just started a game with this version! (which won't be finished in 2-3 months, oh well)
So I played another game on this patch just now. I'm learning to use Byantium a little better. I started near two other founders so I enhanced before trying to spread my religion to anyone else. I managed to build Angkor Wat for the first time as Theodora. Was still convert Germany across the channel in order to reform and from there things were pretty breezy. Except when I declared war on someone I later realised I was supposed to be friends with. Next turn I got a bunch of messages from people saying they wanted to end our DoF because of 'religous differences'. I still led the world in score and then build Himeji Castle but in the end I was at war with 5 different civs. Maybe I won't do that next time XD.
Spoiler Oops :
Standard Emperor on Communitas_79. Quasi SV on Turn 399 (called the ball on victory).
Overall a pretty steamroll game. I got an isolated start as China, and just grew my way to victory. I actually planned out a CV this game, but even getting all of the good CV stuff I wasn't able to flip the top 2 culture civs, and science victory is now quickly within my grasp. I am dominant in every category, so I'm just going to call it at this point.
1) I think the submarine bonus on the destroyer (and especially missile cruiser) can be lowered. Even without that bonus, those ships do very good damage to subs on attack, they just take a lot when they are hit...as they should. I think subs have a bit too limited of a niche because they don't do enough against these mainstay ships.
2) Logistics completely changes naval combat. Ranged ships go from ship softeners to main damage dealers once logistics becomes commonplace.
3) I am definitely noticing the increase in turns due to slower GW and GS. Overall a good thing.
4) The late game answer to city defense is not defense buildings, its garrisoning a modern armor or GDR in the city. The boost from those units is so good it makes the defense buildings completely useless.
5) Interception once again looked good. Best example was there was a key wounded machine gun on the beech doing a lot of damage to my ships. There was interception in the area, and it took 5 planes to take out the machine gun due to interception protection. My bombers were extremely hurt by the action. While useful, it was a very costly engagement thanks to good interception coverage.
6) I tried gunboat tourism with Autocracy this time. Futurism was just ok but I didn't feel it much, cult of personality was great. I think a lot of people also forget that Air Supremacy if taken first is basically a tourism policy as well. Airports give tourism, and you get them significantly quicker with a culture heavy game than you get them through research and building. That is not a small amount of tourism and should not be discounted.
7) I wanted to try out the solar plant this game, as a lot of my cities had built everything and were working processes. However doing the math, I still made more science yields just getting a wind plant (not to mention the other yields). Solar just does not seem strong enough to me. I also built one nuclear plant this game because I was swimming in uranium...but I still think I would have been just as happy with a wind or hydro plant.
Did you have a screenshot you were going to put here. I can only see the text 'ENDGAME'.
anyone got a working link to download this version?
Separate names with a comma.