New caravel or old caravel model: What do you like?

Which caravel model would you like to see ingame?

• The "old" style (the right model)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • The new style (the left model)

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schmiddie

Emperor
Hi Folks,

Now I have a luxury problem with the caravel graphic. Due to the fact that I have 2 good graphics, I would like to know which graphic you guys - the community - would like to see ingame:

1. The "old" style (right one): The vanilla one with improved cannon model or
2. The new style (left one): Imported from civ 5, the model has a lot of details (good cannon model, too) and uses the same animations as the vanilla one.

Hope you are interested to help me out...

Regards

Schmiddie

Attachments

• caravel.jpg
    caravel.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 1,152
I voted the left one. To me, it looks more like a caravel. The one on the right is too low to the sea, especially at the back and the front.

However, looking up more details about caravels, I think I may have been mistaken. The ship I was basing my vote on, Columbus's Santa Maria, apparently was actually a carrack (while his other ships were caravels). Having seen more pictures of caravels, I'm thinking the right model may actually be a better caravel (while the left one may be a good choice for a carrack).

I'm not a marine historian, so if someone with more authority on the matter comes along, they probably will be more correct. But that's my take on it.

I voted the left one. To me, it looks more like a caravel. The one on the right is too low to the sea, especially at the back and the front.

However, looking up more details about caravels, I think I may have been mistaken. The ship I was basing my vote on, Columbus's Santa Maria, apparently was actually a carrack (while his other ships were caravels). Having seen more pictures of caravels, I'm thinking the right model may actually be a better caravel (while the left one may be a good choice for a carrack).

I'm not a marine historian, so if someone with more authority on the matter comes along, they probably will be more correct. But that's my take on it.

:D

Both models ARE caravels... right one is the vanilla model of colonization, the left one is the vanilla model of Civ 5... both models aren't very different...and look historically correct (more or less).

:lol::lol::lol:

I know Borat, but I did'nt get it though.

I just calculate such models in "hours" :D ... since my experience is getting better (with a little help of SaibotLieh and other modder), I'm able to do such model between 1 and 4 hours - depends on the complexity of the animation model. ;)

By the way: the next Release will contain a long desired graphic improvement for most of our ships - new and old models: I have changed the cannons from triangles to accurate cannons (with gut carriage as well if needed).

Top Bottom