New city placement suggestions thread

Yes, the east coast was second priority but we should look at the situation in light of the new Egyptian city. We may reach the same conclusion we may not...

This citizen is happy that the Egyptians built a city that will surely be happy to join our culturally superior empire.

However, I am not happy that we continue to choose cities based in key military areas but marginal on the population production. Again, I would be much happier to see a city capable of generating settlers. Food is perhaps the most important resource early to help grow quickly. Futhermore, it is much better, IMHO, if we can claim the generous food squares without depending on a border expansion.

If the settler must set up SE somewhere, I'd like to see it get a shot to gain the wheat square. I don't mind the 6 on the East bank from a previous post, or maybe even 1 square N of the wheat, on the plains & between the hill, forest, & lake.

The NE must be settled next, in my view. Afterwards, we may wish to box off the Romans too, putting one by that fish in the West, if we still have that available.

Originally posted by chiefpaco
The NE must be settled next, in my view.

chiefpaco speaks with wisdom IMHO. We are losing the all important early game battle of "baby makin'". I think it is becoming critical to get a settler up to the NW grasslands. I know this is a priority to VP as well.

The next best position for this southern settler would seem to be the east side of the lake. It would firm up our cultural barrier to the Egyptians, and probably hasten the flip of these new isolated Egyptian settlers.

Bill
Trade Leader

Falcon02 posted an excellent suggestion in the Domestic Department thread. It is militarily vulnerable, but with a new spearman planned for Fox Nest, one of the spearman there could move forward ahead of time. Though not farther from the capital than the Roman warriors.

My suggestion is to build 2 tiles SW of the iron near Civinator, on the hill. This will immediately provide food from the grassland, and once a cultural building is built, it will have access to wheat, and a fresh water lake.

Top Bottom