New city placement suggestions thread

Originally posted by eyrei

I suggest someone with more skill than I post these as screenshots, so that everyone can make an informed decision. Then, we can post a poll. I don't think any of these settlers will actually be finished during the next session, so we should have time. The poll will not be binding, but unless a majority of the cabinet disagrees with the results, they will be followed.

I would, but my computer can only take 8-bit pictures, or so says the critics :) j/k

Donsig: There is no guarantee that only ten turns will be played, though it is more and more likely the further we get in the game. I would imagine this will hold true once we enter the middle ages, but the costitution does support playing more than 10 turns at times.

Life has no guarantees. The constitution calls for 10 turns every other day which can be changed 'on demand'. That's a rather vague clause which irks me but that's because I'm a poly sci major who takes constitutions more seriously than I should.;) From a planning stand point we need a good idea how much will be played so we know how far to plan ahead.

As for the six suggestion summarized, the last five pertain to the same general area while the first is off by itself. Assuming we will have two settlers available at roughly the same time we must first decide if both will go towards Lake Phoenatica or whether one will go NW of Eyr.

If both go towards the lake the five suggested spots so far are in the attached screen shot.

I am not opposed to sending both to the lake since I fear Egyptian squatters will be there soon - and they are in position to go either north or south of the lake.

EDIT: Option #7 added per eyrei's post below.

Attachments

• choices3.jpg
    choices3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 105
Yeah. I just posted a poll to clear up which region people want to settle first. Then we can use this screenshot for the next poll, if the vote is for the SE.

Could you add a seventh option one tile NW and then one tile north of site 6, as that would be where the third city should go if we go with my suggestions.

All right everyone, let me know if I made any mistakes labelling those options.

I don't think any of these settlers will actually be finished during the next session, so we should have time.

Khatovar's settler is due in 13 turns so if, say, 15 turns are played our President will have to at least know what direction to start moving it.

Also, if Eyr abandons the temple for now and switches to a settler then it will be ready in less than 10 turns. Eyr has 15 shields already produced and it is cranking out 3/turn. That's enough shields for the settler in 5 turns. however, Eyr is size one, set to grow next turn. It has grassland (w/o shield) available so it should still have a 3 food surplus/turn after growing which will make it size 3 in 7 more turns. By sacrificing 3 turns of shield production (while the settler waits for Eyr to grow to size 3) we get a settler in 8 turns. 5 turns later Khatovar's would be ready.

ok, everyone and anyone who wants to, should choose two spots for the up coming poll.

1 is purple
2 is blue
3 is green
4 is yellow
5 is gold
6 is red

Attachments

• bigpic.jpg
    bigpic.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 110
I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking....if you're color blind and the descriptions and circles don't work for you, let me know...

2 first, 1 second, then I think we should consider preparing for a halt in expansion to build up some defensive forces.

Why not use the colors?

I like the Blue(2) spot, and the Green(3). For the South area. The Red(6) can also be built if it's location is moved north one tile, to the hill.

I don't know about the Purple(1) spot though... I would like to have two cities in that area. So if the Purple spot is moved SE one tile or two. We can have a city on that little forrest that sticks out, and one on the hill SW of the Incense.

From Donsig's image, #5 and then #2. I would also like two cities in the NW corner. One 1 tile SE of the purple dot, and one on the one tile outcropping to the North.

I also like #2 (blue) and #5 (orange) but will be happy as long as we place cities on both the east and west coast of Lake Phoenatica.

for the nw corner, i would propose 2 cities.
the red one will secure the lands in the upper left and the blue one the land between our cites against ememy settlers. we could then concentrate on our southern expansion without having to fear another settler going there (just ignore the purple spot, i took this from the image above).

Attachments

• nw.jpg
    nw.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 139
To make my suggestion for the North West corner more clear, I did a little image.

The Blue and red small dots are not any final suggestion for what tiles they should use. They just show some of the tiles the city can use.

The questionmark is the Horse. It should probably be used by the Blue city.

Attachments

• nw.jpg
    nw.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 100
Originally posted by Grey Fox
To make my suggestion for the North West corner more clear, I did a little image.

The Blue and red small dots are not any final suggestion for what tiles they should use. They just show some of the tiles the city can use.

The questionmark is the Horse. It should probably be used by the Blue city.

My thoughts exactly for the NW corner.:goodjob:

i can agree to the blue and red, but shouldnt the green be a bit more se/s to secure more land initially?
with this and some more of our city earning more culture, we could secure the whole northern province with only 3 cities

The green is placed so that it can get 4 Grassland Tiles. Only stealing one of them from the red (Which I think it can do).

We could have one city more south of the Green, later.

Well, we have one settler. Where should it go? Should we make another?

Note that there is band of Egyptian squatters near Lake Phoenatica and they may be headed for the west coast...

... Do we try to beat then there or do we send our settler NW of Eyr?

i think it wont make sense building a city at the frontline. it will just split our defense so much. we a high-production city quick, so i would vote for nw

The Egyptians have prevented us from building in our chosen spot in the SE but we still have a settler in the area to make a city. Where shall it go? I think the question now is whether it should settler east or west of Lake Phoenatica. Here is the west (710 BC). East in next post.

I think that settler should go to the spot on Lake Phoenatica to the east. I believe it was priority #2 in an earlier discussion of this.

Top Bottom