New Civ: Australia

then we are both in luck.grand prix for you , NRL for me

this is a bigger hijack than 9/11 so I`ll leave it be

thanks again for the new Civ

hardly a hijack when the threads been dead for around 6 months. :lol: Besides I don't mind talking sport (even if its good natured ripping on each others sport!:lol::p). Just prooves my choice in a UB was well founded! :D

I have on query about the choice of UB and what it replaces. While I agree that the sports stadium is a great choice, I wondering why it is not replacing the Colosseum? IT does seem to fit more into the scheme of things since the Colosseum of Rome is basically the same thing just in a different era. I remember in civ3 that with Electronics you would get an increase in happiness, allowing for the fact the screens are now available and help with the atmosphere. So I am thinking that this is a more suitable choice of the base building that the UB replaces. SO what would the stats be that are over the Colosseum. Now that is the hard part considering that there are so many Colosseum replacements and you don't want to copy those. Maybe it should give you +4 :D and 1:yuck: due to all the alcohol that is consumed and grounds these days and the problems associated with it. ;)

I have on query about the choice of UB and what it replaces. While I agree that the sports stadium is a great choice, I wondering why it is not replacing the Colosseum? IT does seem to fit more into the scheme of things since the Colosseum of Rome is basically the same thing just in a different era. I remember in civ3 that with Electronics you would get an increase in happiness, allowing for the fact the screens are now available and help with the atmosphere. So I am thinking that this is a more suitable choice of the base building that the UB replaces. SO what would the stats be that are over the Colosseum. Now that is the hard part considering that there are so many Colosseum replacements and you don't want to copy those. Maybe it should give you +4 :D and 1:yuck: due to all the alcohol that is consumed and grounds these days and the problems associated with it. ;)

I would agree. However you hit on the reason as to why I didn't do so. The reason is because the Colosseum is from the Classical era. The Australians as a nation ( everyone should know) were not around for another 2000 years. So I made it a later addition.

Well it it might be a classical based building but I would say that a sports stadium is what is a modern Colosseum. But with this UB, no matter what it is based needs a specific event for it. You have one city that is celebrating after their victory and the opposing city is in riot after losing, but hey, riots have occurred as a result of teams winning, so it could happen in every city that has a sports stadium.

Really? I thought that was an actual recruitment film for the Australian Army! Haven't missed a war yet, don't plan on missing any others... even if they have to start one!

Yea well its hard to tell what everyone else thinks of us, I mean when I first met my better half 3 years ago I had her believing we had a kangaroo for a pet. That simply just doesn't happen (well it does in some rural areas, but not in the cities). Besides I know Paul Hogan ( Crocodile Dundee more) is responsible for that kind of stereotype (Steve Erwin didn't help us there either) so who knows what you were actually thinking.

Wait... you mean to tell me that everyone in Australia doesn't have a Kangaroo for a pet? I guess that makes sense... what with you all having Koalas for pets and all.

I suppose next you're going to tell me all Aussies don't love Vegemite sandwiches either.

I've seen pet wallabies, but not pet kangaroos (way too big).

I have seen and heard of Kangaroos as pets, usually they are Eastern Greys they are way smaller than the Red Kangaroos that live in the center. However Eastern Greys can get to about 1.5 to 2 meters tall.

No not yet. Any new updates will be included in future releases of Ionut's Civilizations. Unfortunately I am still without a computer to mod on so until I get a new system the will b no new leaderheads, units, civs or mods coming from me. Once I get it however, expect a massive release coming from me!

Top Bottom