New Civ - Byzantium

Very wellmaded mood! Good work with my fauvorite empire, the Eastern Roman.

About the leader: I think Constantine should be the best leader for Eastern Rome, because he founded Constantinople and splitted the empire in two. (Even if the national unity still existed) But Theodora works fine for me.

Well, I failed pretty spectacularly to add the civ to Sevomod, but I've been having some fun playing the Byzantines in Vanilla Civ.

LeperColony said:
Well, I failed pretty spectacularly to add the civ to Sevomod, but I've been having some fun playing the Byzantines in Vanilla Civ.
Sorry to hear that.:( Are you trying to add this to Sevomod 3 or 2.9z? If so, I can do that for you & post a zip with the changed files only. Let me know if that would help you & I will post a zip in a couple days. :D

Also, Do you want only one UU as I believe Sevomod has? And if so, which one do you want?

Prince Ares said:
Very wellmaded mood! Good work with my fauvorite empire, the Eastern Roman.

About the leader: I think Constantine should be the best leader for Eastern Rome, because he founded Constantinople and splitted the empire in two. (Even if the national unity still existed) But Theodora works fine for me.
Thanks! I've got a lot of pots on my stove right now but in lieu of all the interest in this civ, I think I can put an extra pot on the back burner to add one or two more Leaders to this civ mod.

I would ask this of anyone reading this thread... What other leaders would you like added? Is Justinian a definite addition? Who else?

Let me know if there is any interest in this and, if so, who would you like to see added. Thanks... Amra

Well, Byzantium has a loot of good emperors to be added. I think that Manuel (1143-1180) should be a good choice, because he rebuilded the the empire after the catastrophe at Manzikert. He and Constantine is the two I find to be the best choices for new leaders.

Other leaders coud be Basil (976-1025) or Michael (1259–1282) I think It's best to not add Justinian if you want to keep Theodora, because it would be a little wierd with both the emperor and his empress as leaders.

Another adition should be the flags frome the 1000 AD. scenario. It would look better than just a white flag.

Prince Ares said:
Another adition should be the flags frome the 1000 AD. scenario. It would look better than just a white flag.
Thanks for the leader suggestions and you have me confused on the "white flag" comment. Is Byzantium's flag showing up as white in your game? It should be Yellow with a black bird on it. If it is showing up white, that is the first I've heard of it.

Amra, thanks for your generous offer. I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to computer stuff. I'm playing Sevomod 3 now. I'll go with the Dromond.

As far as the emperor LH goes, I agree that Manuel Comnenus or Basil would be good choices. Heraclius would be fine too. Justinian isn't really so important with Theodora's inclusion. I wouldn't go for Constantine personally, simply because Constantive is far more Roman than Byzantine (though they themselves may have disputed that vigorously).

Amra said:
Thanks for the leader suggestions and you have me confused on the "white flag" comment. Is Byzantium's flag showing up as white in your game? It should be Yellow with a black bird on it. If it is showing up white, that is the first I've heard of it.

What? I must have instaled the mood wrong. I just extrakted it into Moods. Has Civ4problems when its instaled on D?

Amra said:
Sorry to hear that.:( Are you trying to add this to Sevomod 3 or 2.9z? If so, I can do that for you & post a zip with the changed files only. Let me know if that would help you & I will post a zip in a couple days. :D

Also, Do you want only one UU as I believe Sevomod has? And if so, which one do you want?

Hello people:

Please excuse me for interrupting but I really couldn't help myself once I heard the prospects of having your AMAZING CIV potentially mixed with some of the other mods.

This leads me to ask ... actually ...BEG you... if you could put both the Hyborian and Byzantine Civs in TOTAL REALISM 2.0 and/or SEVO CIV 3.0. (Both UU pretty please- if only one is permissible, then please have the knights submitted)...If its legal... just ask the price...sorry if I'm out of line here ???:eek:

It's too bad that the great ideas of Sevo, Amra, EE3 and Total Realism couldn't all be merged together. You all are extremely gifted and creative.

If U can't- trust me... I understand and really thank you for invested time U obviously have put into your creations, notwithstanding reading this longwinded message...

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!

LeperColony said:
Amra, thanks for your generous offer. I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to computer stuff. I'm playing Sevomod 3 now. I'll go with the Dromon.

@LeperColony
Check Post#2 for the download.

Amazing Game said:
Hello people:

Please excuse me for interrupting but I really couldn't help myself once I heard the prospects of having your AMAZING CIV potentially mixed with some of the other mods.

This leads me to ask ... actually ...BEG you... if you could put both the Hyborian and Byzantine Civs in TOTAL REALISM 2.0 and/or SEVO CIV 3.0. (Both UU pretty please- if only one is permissible, then please have the knights submitted)...If its legal... just ask the price...sorry if I'm out of line here ???:eek:

It's too bad that the great ideas of Sevo, Amra, EE3 and Total Realism couldn't all be merged together. You all are extremely gifted and creative.

If U can't- trust me... I understand and really thank you for invested time U obviously have put into your creations, notwithstanding reading this longwinded message...

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!
Amazing Game, check post#2 to add just the Byzantine civ to Sevomod 3.0a.

As far as your specific request, did you want the Hyborian civ from my modpack (with Conan & Zenobia animated Leaderheads) or the Hyborian Age civs with static leaderheads? Also, I have no problem with putting two UU's in any patch/download I make for you. It is strictly a matter of personal preference and, as you can tell from my modpack, I like having two UU's :D

Thanks for the compliments. I've actually done a few LH's specifically for Civ Gold and they are going to use a few more from my modpack so I'm sure, given time that Sevo will work some or all of them into his mod as he is also (A large) part of Civ Gold. In the meantime, though, if enough people want this civ in Sevomod, you should make a polite request to Sevo to add Byzantium to a future version of his mod. He is more than welcome to use it.

Give me a couple days to make an additional download for you to add Hyboria & Byzantium into Sevomod 3 (and Total Realism if I can find the time - I'm quite busy on my modpack right now). Just let me know your preferences regarding Hyboria.

Amra,

Thank you very much for all your help. Two minor points.

1) When I play Sevomod, the Dromond has no command icons. That isn't such a big deal, since the hotkeys are easy to remember. But more seriously, units inside the ship can't be selected.

2) The language of the Byzantines should be Greek, not Latin.

Again, excellent mod. Whoever is in charge of the additional civ mods that go into the large modpacks should definetly hook up with you.

Greetings and Many Salutations Amra !

Thank you for ur quick and courteous response. This is surely ur trademark as I have noticed in all your forum discussions.

Re: Choice of Leaderheads, please submit the dynamic LH's- Hyborian civ from ur modpack (with Conan & Zenobia animated Leaderheads); but if time is an issue for you, the static one will suffice. And if possible, 2 UU's please. The dragons and legions are a real treat in establsishing early territorial borders. Me and my son really love the design.

Re: the additional download...thank you- thank you !! for your invested time... and take care of yourself first before all of us wait in baited breath for your patch.

Right now, because of the finetuned tactical addition of the "rock/paper/scissors" concept to the military units and the collateral promotions to General, I have been primarily and recently emerced in the Mod from Total Realism 2.0; this leads me to ask you, that before you patch da 2 civs into total realism, is it possible to add collateral damage to the extremely appealling "Black Legion" knight from Hyborian Civ- again if not, I suppose that all defensive bonuses applied to this knight offsets the "collateral bonus" given to all knights in Total Realism. As well, could ur patch include the extra movement of knights to 3 from 2, as this has also been standardized in total realism mod.

Playing all these great mods is like a double edge sword... One has got this, while the other has got that...Oh well... I envision a day when the options screen will address this "monumental lament".

In short keep up your efforts in your mod- you have obviously made some very appealling and progressive efforts in your mod, which historically speaking is one I have played the most. I absoulutely love all those fighter and helicopter units, which I lament, I can't use in Total Realism... oh well... if this is all I'm worried about, then I guess, all is good.

Take care of yourself first...but thanks for your time...

Oh, and by the way, to the nay sayers of ur awesome mod...just smile...:)

LeperColony said:
Amra,

Thank you very much for all your help. Two minor points.

1) When I play Sevomod, the Dromond has no command icons. That isn't such a big deal, since the hotkeys are easy to remember. But more seriously, units inside the ship can't be selected.

2) The language of the Byzantines should be Greek, not Latin.

Again, excellent mod. Whoever is in charge of the additional civ mods that go into the large modpacks should definetly hook up with you.
@LeperColony
Thanks for the info on Byzantium re: Latin vs Greek. That can easily be changed using notepad. I'm not going to post a new download with just that change yet as I want to do a new version of the Byzantium civ with one more Leader and will look into changing that at the same time.

For now, if you would like to change it on your computer, simply open CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml with notepad located in the "Sevomod\Assets\XML\Civilizations" directory (or the "Amra's Byzantium\Assets\XML\Civilizations" directory if you are changing it in my original Byzantium mod). Backup this file first if you think that you may screw something up.

Ctrl-F to Search for "CIVILIZATION_BYZANTINE"
Then scroll down until you find (towards the bottom of Byzantine entry):
<CivilizationSelectionSound>AS3D_ROME_SELECT</CivilizationSelectionSound>

change that to:
<CivilizationSelectionSound>AS3D_GREECE_SELECT</CivilizationSelectionSound>

Next, go down one line and change:
<CivilizationActionSound>AS3D_ROME_ORDER</CivilizationActionSound>

to:
<CivilizationActionSound>AS3D_GREECE_ORDER</CivilizationActionSound>

Save the xml file and you are done. Byzantium will now use Greek orders.

Regarding the problem with Sevomod Command icons & the Dromon. I haven't played Sevomod 3.0a yet (just downloaded it the other day to do the Byzantium addition for you) so I'm not immediately sure what's up with that. I'll try to find some time to play with it over the weekend. So many mods to play, not enough time... :crazyeye:

@Amazing Game
Check post#2 for the download to add Byzantium and Hyboria with 2 UUs each to Sevomod 3.0a (As always, backup Sevomod first in case you want to revert back). I haven't tested this yet re: the command icon button matter that LeperColony mentioned but everything shows up in the Sevopedia.

I'll check out Total Realism 2.0 after the weekend. I have to download it first & I also want to do some work on my modpack the next couple days.

Enjoy!

Alexius I said:
Alexius I the leader of Byzantium during the 1st Crusade.
Thanks for the vote for Alexius.

This long weekend I am trying to do a leaderhead for Basil II. A few people have requested him and I'd like to see what I can do for a LH. If I can come up with a decent one, I will add him to this mod and to my modpack.

Just posted version 1.1 on the first page.

It includes a 2nd leader, Basil II (the Bulgar-Slayer) as well as first contact dialogue. See post #1 for a screenshot and more details.

Top Bottom