1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Civ - Byzantium

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Amra, May 12, 2006.

1. Amra

Amra the Lion

Yes, I plan on updating this Civ (and my others) to v2.08 but, unfortunately, not until I've finished updating my modpack. I hope to be done with that within the next week, maybe even this weekend as my family will be out of town and I am planning a big push Friday & Saturday to get my modpack posted.... I hope, with fingers crossed.

This will be the first standalone civ that I will update when I am done with my modpack since it seems to be the most popular of the bunch.

2. Dnomal

Dnomal Prince

Thanks for the quick reply Amra, and thanks for prioritising Byzantium for 2.08 so early.

Question were you thinking of boosting the power of the Theodosian walls, so if they are built in the capital they give a small extra bonus or something????

Ty again.

3. Amra

Amra the Lion

To anyone who is interested:

Version 2.3 for Warlords 2.08 is posted on the first page.

4. Sinikettu

Sinikettu Chieftain

Hi,

When I try to open Civ4 with your mod (DOWNLOAD version 1.1
    for Civ4 v1.61) I get this message:

XML Load Error

Failed Loading XML file XML\Civilizations/Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml. [.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File -
    File: XML\Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
    Reason: Element content is invalid according to the DTD/Schema.
    Expecting: {x-schema:CIV4Civilizationschema.xml}AnachyCivics.

Line: 120, 13

Source: <Leaders>

I have edited the _civ4config

Its not only when I load a new civ mod, but any mod.

What I am supposed to do to get it right?

Cheers

Arnaud

5. Amra

Amra the Lion

What version of Warlords are you running? Version 2.00 (straight out of the box) or have you updated your Warlords install to version 2.08?

This mod and a lot of the other mods around here for Warlords are designed for version 2.08 and I think what you are describing is caused by a difference in Warlords versions.

See if that is the problem and let me know if it is not.

6. RulerOfDaPeople

RulerOfDaPeople Emperor

I agree. Why with all the brilliant modders that we have here is there still no Constantine? He's the best in all of Byzantium. Both CivIV and Civ III are lacking Constantine. We need Constantine leader! He's The Great! :)

With this absense you would think he's irrelevant to history. He's only the founder of Istanbul. :crazyeye:

7. Rask0lnik

Rask0lnik Chieftain

Hi

I'm not sure if there's anyone still reading this thread, but I'm playing Civ IV v. 1.61 for Mac and I don't have the Warlords expansion (it being unavailable here in Nepal). I tried downloading the 1.1 version of this mod, but the link gave me a 404 File Not Found.

Does anyone still have v. 1.1 or know where I can get it? Is there any way to play as the Byzantines without Warlords?

My main thing is that I really want to play as the Byzantine Empire, and I've heard that it's possible to do so in the 1000AD scenario, even without any mods, but all my attempts so far have failed. Any help would be greatly appreciated

8. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

Woah! You're in Nepal? That's just...awesome!

I don't think this is compatible with Vanilla. Maybe you could find another Byzantium mod for Vanilla. I'll check now...*checking*...

I'm sorry, I haven't been able to find one. You could request Amra to make one or make one yourself :) There are great tutorials out there.