New Civ2 XP Problem :(

dantheman4

Chieftain
I read all the previous stuff, nothing really applied except deleting that wing file and downloading the drivers for indeo. I did both but netierh worked. My lock up is a bit different though... i can open up the map maker with ease. But when I open the program it simply gives me a white screen. I can minmize it, from there its dead. Just a icon in my bar. End tasking it causes a whole lot of paorblems too... jeez. My cpu is continuallyt hinking too while its locked up... almost sounds as iff its looking for something. I even unzipped all those files to make it 2.42 nd then MGE/multi player gold. Still no good :(

Guys this is my 3rd favorite game of all time... why on earth can't I run it?

Originally posted by dantheman4
Guys this is my 3rd favorite game of all time... why on earth can't I run it?

Third favorite!? I'm not sure we should try to help you then. ;)

What version did you start with?

Sounds like you are missing a key file or having video issues.

Did you ever get the game running on XP before trying to update it to MPG?

You may just want to start here to be sure to have the latest drivers and such.

first thing of course is to uninstall via control panel and try reinstalling. Also install WinG which should be located on your civ2 cd, if not let us know and someone will give a link. Make sure you have the latest updates for XP via Windows update and the Indeo legacy drivers from www.ligos.com too. Was this a fresh install of XP or an upgrade?

Its a fresh install Cedric. Heres what I just did:

-Reinstalled civ2 in default directory.
-Installed Wing

The indeo codex for XP now costs $$$. Anyone know a way around that? Plus I think I downloaded the win2k one but I'm not sure. Please let me know whats up :(

just use the legacy drivers, they work fine. It's the ones I used on XP.

Sons of *****es it was still available for free download 2 days ago! Good thing I downloaded an extra copy, just post your e-mail and I'll attach it. wonder if Thunderfall will host the file....

Top Bottom