New Computer, Super Slow Internet! Help!

Nobody

Gangster
I just bought a brand new computer and its great, BUT internet is insanely slow.

Its using WiFi but my laptop sitting right next to the computer has 50mbps download, while the PC is struggling to do 6mbps.

I have checked the drivers, and pluged in a portabled wifi stick but nothing helps.

Please help me!!

My suggestion with a standard desktop PC is to never use wireless unless it's impossible to use a wired connection. Why putt along at 50 mbps when you can get speeds of over 500 mbps? But that doesn't really answer your question. Something is throttling your PC's wireless speed rate, and it's probably in the PC. Sadly, I don't know what to suggest just off the top of my head. Have you tried Googling the problem? You could try asking the question at TenForums, or SevenForums if you're using Windows 7.

Does your router have multiple networks? Is it possible that your laptop is connecting to the 5ghz network while your PC is connecting to the 2.4ghz one?

In my apartment, 2.4ghz might as well be public internet. It constantly drops and the speed leaves a lot to be desired. Using it for anything that relies on consistency is a recipe for disaster. The 5ghz connection has far greater stability and lets me use higher speeds.

Solution, in that case, would be to connect to the 5ghz network. Many wifi cards and sticks cannot detect/connect to 5ghz.

for pc,other than wi-fi it's better to use direct LAN connection through the wire so the internet boosts up.

Top Bottom