New "curved" borders

Yeah, I'll try this out. When I first saw the screenshots I was like, nah.... but then I thought of my current game with an immensely long straight shared border, and thought this might look neat with it.

Originally posted by Taé Shala
The irrigation is from an old version of snoopys graphic modpack. I don´t know if it is still available.

Figures! I used to have this irrigation, but deleted it a long time ago with all my civ3 stuff at the time. Now I've been searching for it for some time now, since I haven't found any other irrigation mods that I like, I've been searching for that one in particular.

Think someone who still has that .pcx can post it here? Please please please? I'll be your friend. :)

Alright, there you go. All four irrigation files (can't Firaxis spell "desert"???) in a zip folder for y'all.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/Old_Irrigation_graphics.zip

I scammed them off of "the Balancer 3.0" mod, and I presume the Balancer guys scammed them off Snoopy back in the day. Whatever, I take no credit for these graphics, nor do I claim to know who should really get the credit for them. Have at it, folks!

No problem. :)

Wow! These borders are amazing! I'll download them as soon as I can. Very interesting idea.

I have a question... is there any way to affect what's on the inside of the borders. Meaning, is there any way to graphically alter the inside of the border so that it somehow shows the color of the civilization. (Obviously not a very bold color, but something that is see-through.) I think it would make a very interesting graphic change.

But anyway, great borders!

Wow. I have to admit i never even thought of that.

Very original idea, and well executed.

Originally posted by god_money
Great idea,... though I'd prefer solid boreders to dashed as well...

If ya wouldn't mind ;)

Yup, me 2 !!! But I have to say: These curved borders are really beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the greatest mod ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks more realistic than thos stupid straight borders........... ur a golden god shala

Very nice. I've often bemoaned the straight borders. If I had been in charge, I'd have had them follow the terrain as yours do here. Good job!

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

About the Irigation I have the same ones. I just coppyed it from the Snoppys Terrain X folder in the PTW scenarios folder. If you have PTW it already comes with a lot of diferent terrain mods including the water color terrain.

Great mod DL right away.

Those borders are awesome:eek:
I bet they are copied from hill borders;)

@Ville
No, they are not copied from hill borders.
(Can I win anything by this bet) :D.
I used a circle function in my graphics prog.

@all
Thanks for all your positive reactions.

Very well done; you know if you wanted, you can actually make the entire border distorted all over the place, and even curve the corners.

Originally posted by Taé Shala
@Ville
No, they are not copied from hill borders.
(Can I win anything by this bet) :D.
I used a circle function in my graphics prog.

@all
Thanks for all your positive reactions.

1. Dang!:D You can have my congratulates;)

2. You're welcome:thumbsup: You have deserved it

Looks good

I'm off to find out how to use mods

Top Bottom