New DLC: Polynesia

That's a... good job you have there... 1$ per minute. We live in different countries it seems... Someone of us is living in an alternate reality Finland. :eek: ;)

Regarding the price and slow release of DLC, I prefer it this way. It gives us something to spice the game up every couple of months, and I don't mind paying 3-5$ periodically to keep the game interesting and fresh. It's better than waiting a year for an expansion pack at ~$30. Keep them coming.

Well, I got the DLC, started CiV up, launched the scenario, and bam. It crashes. Just like the last DLC I got. *Sigh* Does anyone know how to fix this? The game is about the launch, then bam, 'Civilization V has crashed'.

Help please!

*Bump

Any word on when this DLC will make it to MAC or will I be waiting for it along with the new upcoming patch?

That's a... good job you have there... 1$ per minute. We live in different countries it seems... Someone of us is living in an alternate reality Finland. :eek: ;)

Savo on paratiisi. ;) Sitäpaitsi, ei se 50 senttiä minuutilta mikään miljonääritulo ole. Jaat vaikka mainospostia...

(Translation: Savo is heaven. ;) Besides, 0.50€ a minute isn't a binnionare salary. Now last sentence I don't know how translate. I am talking about commersial-mail delivery, which kids do here for money.)

(SF was joking. I answered him with a joke, boasting my native part of Finland. It's a Finn thing.)

Regarding the price and slow release of DLC, I prefer it this way. It gives us something to spice the game up every couple of months, and I don't mind paying 3-5$ periodically to keep the game interesting and fresh. It's better than waiting a year for an expansion pack at ~$30. Keep them coming.

This is a better argument. I personally think the DLC is overpriced, but I can understand why they would price it that way. You get the civ for $2 and the replayable scenario itself for $3. That's still better than $7 for a Mass Effect 2 mission that can be completed in two hours.

Hmm...that's actually pretty good value...damn it.

Still, that's not a lot. Come on. You get that money by working for about 5 minutes or so...

hmmm, so $60 per hour x 40 hrs per week x 4.3 wks per month x 12 months per year= $123k per year. You either need to start working more hours or get a better job! ;)

Look at it this way: all money spent on videogames could have been spent elsewhere, like say, dinner with a date or putting more savings in your account. If you budget your time and money, however, you can justify purchases like this if you've already spent money on the important things.

Elizabeth Warren recommends putting 50% of your income into house/car/loan/bill payments, 30% on monthly things, and 10-20% into lifetime savings. That 30% can go toward food and entertainment. If you make $1000 a month, that gives you $300. Obviously you can't spend very much.

I usually spend about $240 on gas and groceries, which leaves $60 for entertainment. I'm not much for expensive restaurants--healthy food is somewhat cheaper anyway. I socialize by running at races, attending events, going to movies, and church activities--$30 a month. That leaves $30 you can honestly spend on gaming without feeling like a schmuck. If that goes to DLC, that's okay.

Yeah, since the average wage in the US is about twice what it is here, even before taking into account the dollar, which has plunged since the quake :(

OT, but here goes anyway...

Hold on, you have to consider cost of living & specific economic conditions & services to the general population in "Regions" too.
I wouldn't move a notch from Montréal (Québec) to Boston or LA even if an employer should offer me any less than between 150_250,000$/year to work for at least 2 years in a row - i'm no fool, the expenses are entry-level facts & minimal investment into Food/Shelter only.

As for THE damn silly currencies variation, blame banking & financial markets knack for quick profits beside plenty of other considerations.
In Canada we're almost lucky to have huge stockpiles of natural resources & highly developed agricultural+industrial+social systems, but when our friendly USA neighbor corporate gimmicks decide to come in to snag our jobs by shutting down manufacturing(etc) even within a clear NAFTA treaty, one has to question what their protectionism tactics can do to Arabic Oil Barrels or Alberta bituminous sands value & actual refined costs to the pump.

Dollar$ (and any other versions of money... Dinars, Euros, etc) are just virtual ways of saying to the world, we're rich collectively - you aren't.:p

And that is without counting commerce or, as a result, pricing of even Games. Yet another opportunity to abuse anybody on Earth for 'mo'profits.

Alright,
I'd recommend gathering up as much information as possible (system settings, gameplay current activity) for proper diagnosis... then go to type everything in a post of the Bug-Reports section on this site.
You might get quicker help over there on such technical issues.

This is a better argument. I personally think the DLC is overpriced, but I can understand why they would price it that way. You get the civ for $2 and the replayable scenario itself for $3. That's still better than $7 for a Mass Effect 2 mission that can be completed in two hours.

Hmm...that's actually pretty good value...damn it.

yeah, dragon age has 7-8 dlc's, most of them only take an hour or two. of course, in those games you get ridiculously overpowered items that render irrelevant most of the other weapons/armor/helms/etc in the game...

Elizabeth Warren recommends putting 50% of your income into house/car/loan/bill payments, 30% on monthly things, and 10-20% into lifetime savings. That 30% can go toward food and entertainment. If you make $1000 a month, that gives you $300. Obviously you can't spend very much.
She can keep her recommendations and start a real budget based on facts for herself... cuz, daily fluctuations & inflation can screw anybody's reasonable Life_Plan for not weeks but years ahead.

The equation is fairly simple; Education/Work/Food/Shelter/Services(Electricity, Heating, Communication, etc)/Health/Transport/Society/Relationship/Retirement provisions (some call that Savings)/Vacationing/Leisure.

It's not percentages. It's enforced decisions & basically, considerably variable estimates - specifically for the Work'ing slot..

Look at it this way: all money spent on videogames could have been spent elsewhere, like say, dinner with a date or putting more savings in your account. If you budget your time and money, however, you can justify purchases like this if you've already spent money on the important things.

I usually spend about $240 on gas and groceries, which leaves $60 for entertainment. I'm not much for expensive restaurants--healthy food is somewhat cheaper anyway. I socialize by running at races, attending events, going to movies, and church activities--$30 a month. That leaves $30 you can honestly spend on gaming without feeling like a schmuck. If that goes to DLC, that's okay.

I'm going to make some mods, can I charge you $5 each for them.

Top Bottom