• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

New Emperor Hirohito LeaderHead (WARLORDS)

Pedia entry was from wikipedia, and I thought Saketh had the right idea with the traits (see below)

Saketh said:
I'm thinking that Hirohito should be Imperialistic and Financial. Imperialistic because of Japan's Manchurian empire; financial because of the 1954 plans and the post-war economic resurgence.

I like really huge Pedia entries myself (often copying half the Wiki article), more post War info oh Hirohito would be good, it mentions he's the only Axis leader to survive and then fails to tell us anything about his life after that point.

I don't want to start a flame war here but I though this sentence "He only caved in once the United States had unforgivably used atomic weapons to devastate Hiroshima and Nagasaki, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent Japanese civilians." is a bit slanted. I know this is a sensitive topic in Japan and the Atomic bombings are taken very seriously their but this sentence gives the impression that it was the first and only such act. In reality their had been a long campaign of bombing which had already destroyed nearly every major Japanese city and resulted in death on a similar scale. Hiroshima and Nagasaki should be viewed as the culmination of a campaign of total-bombing rather then isolated events. Historians still argue over which factors were the most significant in triggering the Surrender, the Soviet declaration of war is in my opinion decisive because the whole Japanese strategy had been based on "bleeding" the American forces and hoping popular support would collapse. The Soviets had no such concerns for their conscripts and were massing an amphibious invasion of their own. Thus the Japanese decided it was better to be under American occupation then Soviet, a profoundly correct choice.

I've now E-mailed you the full Module Chug

Yes the Pedia could be slightly one-sided, as most Wikipedia articles are. I agree that it needs more info on his life after the war, but I was tired at the time and I thought it looked pretty long as well, so I didn't do anymore (they look longer when you're doing the editing and if you don't like xml)
I'll take that all into account and the next upload will have an extended pedia entry, I do think that the nukes had a large impact on Japan's surrender though, because it showed them how far the US would go to achieve this.

OK....maybe I'm just dumb but I couldn't get it to work. I downloaded and extracted to the MOD folder as the Readme said to do. The mod loads just fine, but how can I get Hirohito as my leader? It just shows Tokugawa still.

make sure it's in the warlords mod folder, not the vanilla, and also not the custom assets. Just place the complete Hirohito folder into \Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\ then run warlords and load it from the list.

I did all that. It's in that correct folder and is an option in the select mod screen. It's just that Hirohito is not a leader choice when I actually load the mod.

I'm on a PC...2.0.8.0 (I assume that's the same as 2.08?) The only thing I can think of is the cache whatever that is....so I'll go run a search and see how to clear whatever that is. Currently the mod loads just fine and I see the CivIV Warlords screen just as I would without the mod but with the word Hirohito in the upper right corner. Going to "Play Now" gives me the same options as normal. The Choose Civilization screen shows the Japanese people, but only Tokugawa. I presume I should be able to use Hirohito right?

Edit:
Just cleared my cache, no help.

I'm on a PC...2.0.8.0 (I assume that's the same as 2.08?) The only thing I can think of is the cache whatever that is....so I'll go run a search and see how to clear whatever that is. Currently the mod loads just fine and I see the CivIV Warlords screen just as I would without the mod but with the word Hirohito in the upper right corner. Going to "Play Now" gives me the same options as normal. The Choose Civilization screen shows the Japanese people, but only Tokugawa. I presume I should be able to use Hirohito right?

Edit:
Just cleared my cache, no help.

Yes you should be able to see Hirohito :dubious:

Check your Hirohito mod folder.. make sure the folder structure is like "\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\Hirohito\Assets" and the assets folder has an ART folder and an XML folder. Make sure the Hirohito folder is not within another Hirohito file in the Warlords mod folder. Also tell me what size the actual Hirohito mod folder is, because something may have happened during the download. I've only posted one version so it should be the exact same :p
The file size should be 16.1 MB unzipped.

Here's the link to the download page if you want to re-download it and follow the instructions from scratch.

If that doesn't work then I've got no idea :( Anyone else had this problem?

I forgot to unzip it. I originally pulled the Hirohito folder directly out of the zipped folder, and the size was only about 6MB. I redownloaded and did extract, and now it works just fine. Thanks.

Our computers crashe when we try and load Emperor Hirohito in multilayer LAN anyone know why???

how can you not install putting in the "mods" folder properly?? we are not idiots.

We have better AI installed as well? would this effect the running of the mod in multi player? as the mod runs in single player and not in multi player?

Does anyone else have trouble running the mod in multi player?

The latest version of Better AI works in multiplayer I think.

so is there an issue with Emperor Hirohito, Better AI and multi player?

At my LAN we all loaded the mod my friend hosted, then when he launched the game, and window error message came up saying warlords.exe has crashed send error report , end program etc etc etc?

Anyone else have this problem? anyone have any advice??

I don't see any reason why this would cause a crash in multiplayer, unless you have different versions of any of the mods you're using or Warlords etc. It's easy to slip up with something like that. All this mod does is add a new leader with new graphics... have you tried isolating the cause?

Yes , No luck it's really strange

We all made sure we had the same version of everything etc etc , funny thing is when we still joined the game without Emperor just standard warlords , it was still telling us we had different version (even though we dint) , but we could still play??

the 2 computers must have the exact same mods running. exactly! i ran my mod's first beta test (in a super buggy state) and that was in multiplayer. the difference is: i had exactly installed everything on both computers, since they were in the same house. and the game still ran. (until an internal sdk conflict crashed it 10 turns later)

you may not have made a mistake and been an "idiot" but who can say what someone else's computer has on it when you arent there? are both of the computers you were using in the same home?

Yes! in my garage , we have finished now me and my two buddies played civ4 for 3 days straight :sad: i am soooo tired , this is what i mean when tried like 4 times uninstalling re-installing and nothing!

Top Bottom