[R&F] New Features Video

Well I am fairly certain the civ portrait in the new features video was intentional (I do think people digging through the art asset files, they didn't see that coming). Firaxis doesn't care if we know, I mean they put out that poster before anything was announced. It can't be said enough that the official announcements are not for us. Just like tiny details inside other videos aren't meant for the general public. So if we find out early, who cares. People here have, more or less, already made up their minds on the product. Managing the hype and keeping it rolling correctly matters when you are dealing with the general playerbase, but for the people that pour over every little detail, not really. But you know what the people that obsess over the video DO care about? Feeling super smart about themselves that they caught on to the "hidden information".

Oh I imagine it was as they've blurred them out in the past. Though you'd think they may as well have gone with their first look then!
I still like the hype and the excitement and the guessing. It's like Christmas when you're a kid ;)

I think Scotland's colours and symbol will be that of a thistle: A dark green or light purple background with a light purple or dark green thistle flower.

I forgot about the Unicorn; that would certainly be the most unique icon for a Civ. I don't think any other country in the world has such an affinity with the Unicorn (Scotland's national animal for those who did not know.)

Now I'm in two minds; either White background with a dark blue unicorn (like a blue version of Japan and Georgia) or the green and purple thistle - both are Scotland's two major national symbols. (there is also Saint Andrew's Satire/Cross but it would mean they would need to be blue and white which is unlikely with the America, Greece and France already too similar)

I think a really dark navy blue with white is the most appropriate. Purple...no.

Firaxis did say they were planning to add more alternate leaders into the game this year, so it is possible there could be post Rise and Fall DLC. With the Mapuche as now a possibility of being one of the last 3, it does fill a spot in an area that needed to be filled. As for the Zulu and Scotland, I'd be surprised if both Civs aren't coming in this expansion but instead coming in post expansion DLC. Also with Scotland coming this also could mean that if Boudicca ever returns to Civ 6 as a civ leader, she could be getting her Iceni tribe.

I thought they said the exact opposite - they weren't planning on alternate leaders.

Now I'm in two minds; either White background with a dark blue unicorn (like a blue version of Japan and Georgia)

I think a really dark navy blue with white is the most appropriate. Purple...no.
How about a lighter blue unicorn on white. Maybe like the opposite of Pericles' Greece. If not that maybe go a little darker, but not too dark.
That way navy blue on white can go to Portugal.

While we are discussing colors: Gorgo has new ones, white on brown.
I think those are the same colors she always had. It just looks white on brown in the strategic view. Unless I missed something else.

I thought they said the exact opposite - they weren't planning on alternate leaders.

Alas... We are all hoping for a DLC full of them still. With respect to the brilliant modders around here, I'd prefer an official pack of them.

How about a lighter blue unicorn on white. Maybe like the opposite of Pericles' Greece. If not that maybe go a little darker, but not too dark.
That way navy blue on white can go to Portugal.

Portugal can be associated with it's Christmas colours right?

The Ottomans in Jadwiga's Scenario have green on red already. I'm assuming they would want to use that.
And red on green should probably go to Ethiopia.
They used navy on white for Civ 5 referencing the coat of arms, but who knows.

Alas... We are all hoping for a DLC full of them still. With respect to the brilliant modders around here, I'd prefer an official pack of them.
As cool as some of the mods are; I still won't use them because I know Firaxis has created the game and added Civs, Leaders, Resources and mechanics for a reason and/or to balance the game to make it just right. (However, the only mod I use is the YNAMP Earth map mod)

I presume you are referring to Green and Burgundy? -That could conflict with Morocco if they were re-included from Civ5.

EDIT: I'm kinda fixed on the Green and Purple with a Thistle now; I doubt they would choose anything other for Scotland unless they try do White and Blue like Civ5's Greece/Portugal which I don't think looks right.

Last edited:
The blue/white combination would fit Scotland though.
That's why I suggested a sky blue maybe, like the opposite of Pericles' Greece.
Then again we have Australia so who knows at this point the color scheme of anything.
That mysterious headband leader could be Incan after all.

Then again we have Australia so who knows at this point the color scheme of anything..

New australia color scheme is a bit meh... give the kangaroo a proper gold/orange/brown at least...

BTW, just noticed in the news there has been quite talk about the Mapuche as Pope Francis is down there this week. Maybe this is the reason the FL was postponed?
(Avoid a Mapuchegate at a moment they are already appearing in the News?)

New australia color scheme is a bit meh... give the kangaroo a proper gold/orange/brown at least...
At least they got the green right.

I don't know why they don't just bring back the colours Australia had in their first look. Gold and green is a much better and more visually pleasing combination.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing from one of the firaxis the developers that we're going to be getting some new ones and If I remember the wording of it, it doesn't have to be done by Firaxis.

Top Bottom