[R&F] New Features Video

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing from one of the firaxis the developers that we're going to be getting some new ones and If I remember the wording of it, it doesn't have to be done by Firaxis.

Do they mean modders or are they going to look for another company to make them?

I think they should hire Sukritact, in any case. :)

Do they mean modders or are they going to look for another company to make them?

I think they should hire Sukritact, in any case. :)

I think they've just mentioned that the alternate leaders mechanic was made with modders in mind. It would open the door for less experienced modders to make an alt leader since you don't have to worry about making custom art assets. Just slap a static image of Lincoln in there as a leaderhead and give him an ability with some simple modifiers. That kind of thing. Gorgo was basically their example of how it could be used.

I agree on Sukritact. He makes leaderheads that are about as professional as you're going to get. If he had the resources of Firaxis behind him, he'd blend right in.

I thought they said the exact opposite - they weren't planning on alternate leaders.

Alas... We are all hoping for a DLC full of them still. With respect to the brilliant modders around here, I'd prefer an official pack of them.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing from one of the firaxis the developers that we're going to be getting some new ones and If I remember the wording of it, it doesn't have to be done by Firaxis.

Ed Beach was the one who talked about this very subject and who answered this in an October 2017 interview with Richard Scott-Jones from PCGamesN (https://www.pcgamesn.com/sid-meiers...ongress-diplomacy-alternate-leaders-expansion):

"...Do Firaxis have plans to embrace it and add more alternate leaders?

'We definitely will lean into it more,' Beach tells me. He points out that this is a great opportunity for the game's vibrant mod community to make their own contributions, so it's not necessarily something that has to be done by Firaxis, 'but we have been doing some thinking about which would be interesting civilisations [for us] to add a second leader to, so I think you’ll probably hear more about that.' ”

So, to sum it up, Firaxis will do a few, but it is something mostly for the modding community's to do. This, of course, is now expressly obvious in the expansion because out of 9 leaders, only one is a second. According to this, and Ed is pretty much in charge of all Civ VI, I don't think it is in their plans to create a DLC pack of alternate leaders, however they will sprinkle one from time to time.

Yeah, yeah... :undecide: ... I'm still hoping they have an open mind about what will sell well.

Ed Beach was the one who talked about this very subject and who answered this in an October 2017 interview with Richard Scott-Jones from PCGamesN (https://www.pcgamesn.com/sid-meiers...ongress-diplomacy-alternate-leaders-expansion):

"...Do Firaxis have plans to embrace it and add more alternate leaders?

'We definitely will lean into it more,' Beach tells me. He points out that this is a great opportunity for the game's vibrant mod community to make their own contributions, so it's not necessarily something that has to be done by Firaxis, 'but we have been doing some thinking about which would be interesting civilisations [for us] to add a second leader to, so I think you’ll probably hear more about that.' ”

So, to sum it up, Firaxis will do a few, but it is something mostly for the modding community's to do. This, of course, is now expressly obvious in the expansion because out of 9 leaders, only one is a second. According to this, and Ed is pretty much in charge of all Civ VI, I don't think it is in their plans to create a DLC pack of alternate leaders, however they will sprinkle one from time to time.

Cool. While I'm on the fence with the expansion, I have no problem giving money to Firaxis, and would happily pay for alt leader pacs.

Fair - but we don't know that either
it's clearly possible

just try to rush political philosophy, then you know

and since I've answered this wayyy too long ( due to lack of good quality internet access), devs has already confirmed that dark age policies won't replace normal wildcard

Top Bottom