New german preview on Gamestar website

Rince

King
Gamestar.de put on a new preview of Civ IV. It'a a preview of the preview in the printed version of the magazine :crazyeye:.

The included screenies don't seem too interesting to me but maybe one of the eagle eyed forum members will find something!

link: http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/previews/strategie/28340/

For the linguistically challenged i translated one part which is new to me (sorry if those things have been said before, i don't check all threads in this forum).

So here we go:

"With 'fishing', construcion boats can set up fishing nets off the coast. Also on land there are new improvements, like cottages which grow into small towns and produce some additional tax income."

That's all. The rest I already knew from other previews or is just about some details like that there are birds flying out of the forest when you drive through it with your units.

Greetings,

Rince

Forgot to add the conclusion of the reviewer:

He has apparently played the preview version for several nights and feels that the developers added good things to it in order to make the game more interesting (Religion, promotions, civics). He feels that the game gains strategic depth by the addition of these features.
He generally likes the game, thinks the unit graphics and animations are too choppy and that the city screen looks too complex. He admits though that it's only a preview version and that the interface will get more polish until the game is released.

Greetings,

Rince

Caesar being philosophical and industrious? That would be cool. But I'm not sure if they're correct, they tell much nonsense in that article (like each civ has 2 leaders, line of sight for religion founder, 'Lady-Pharao' Cleopatra as Egyptian leader, ...)

Gotta take a look at the screenshots,

mitsho

mitsho said:
Caesar being philosophical and industrious? That would be cool. But I'm not sure if they're correct, they tell much nonsense in that article (like each civ has 2 leaders, line of sight for religion founder,'Lady-Pharao' Cleopatra as Egyptian leader, ...)

Gotta take a look at the screenshots,

mitsho

Whats wrong with this ?
I thought if you found a religion you have LOS to all other cities that have the same religion.

They took it out after play testing and replaced it with a gold income from every temple made for that religion.

And damn, but that American Revolution screenie isn't just *cool*, it *looks good*. It's the first time we see the C4 map engine being used to represent a real world location, and the effect is very satisfying.

The article also mentions that you keep the unit promotions that were gained in combat, when you upgrade units to new more modern units. This was suspected, but not really known (as far as I know).

Oda Nobunaga said:
And damn, but that American Revolution screenie isn't just *cool*, it *looks good*. It's the first time we see the C4 map engine being used to represent a real world location, and the effect is very satisfying.

Their terrain graphics are definitely improving with each build. I like these hills and forests much better than the last 2 builds.

Top Bottom