New gods and kings civ formula

I agree with your values, except not quite sure of the MB of 2 for Sweden. Wouldn't 1.67 be more appropriate?

IMO Sweden is close enough to got a 2
Otherwise almost none of the civs could get a 2
But I can live with 1.67 too

I don't think your calculation is too accurate, some of those multipliers are just out of thin air
Nevertheless, I did Hungary for fun

Hungary = 6057
D=1117 (895-2012 in the Carpathian-basin)
MB=1.67
C=8 without GK, additional 5 with GK - wasn't sure what did you use for other European civs
PC=0.74
CH=24 if only counting the ones which were under hungarian rule for at least a couple hundred years (under modern borders: 8 Hungary, 5 Slovakia, 1 Ukraine, 5 Romania, 5 Croatia)
Additional 16 if you really count AGE - mostly from eastern Austria, Bohemia, Silezia and the Bosnia-Serbia region (under Matthias Cornivus)
One could even argue that Hungary ruled Poland and a couple other countries in a personal union on several occasions - most notably under Louis I - but I don't think it's wise to get into personal unions and vassals, it would only mess things up even more. Anyway, if that's the AGE, in that case it would be even more:
Spoiler :

Revised Hungary with the way you use your attributes:
Duration should count until 1570 - that's when the Hungarian King resigned from his claims of the western parts of the country, thus creating the Principality of Transylvania from the eastern parts.
Effectively that's the start of the real Habsburg dominance in Royal Hungary

So:
D=675 (895-1570)
MB=1.67
C=8
PC=0.739
CH=24+16
Hungary=3499

Did a quick count on the value of the Holy Roman Empire.
Ended up with a whopping value of 6300!
This is mostly due to the huge amount of UNESCO sites in the area.
I'll add the values used after I get the amount of UNESCO sites accurately calculated.

Revised Hungary with the way you use your attributes:
Duration should count until 1570 - that's when the Hungarian King resigned from his claims of the western parts of the country, thus creating the Principality of Transylvania from the eastern parts.
Effectively that's the start of the real Habsburg dominance in Royal Hungary

So:
D=675 (895-1570)
MB=1.67
C=8
PC=0.739
CH=24+16
Hungary=3499
will update

Did a quick count on the value of the Holy Roman Empire.
Ended up with a whopping value of 6300!
This is mostly due to the huge amount of UNESCO sites in the area.
I'll add the values used after I get the amount of UNESCO sites accurately calculated.

Will add

HRE should count as Germany
For China:
221 BC (first unified by Qin) - 2012
I think we can even count the disunified periods between the different dinasties in this case
So:
D= 2233
C= 9
CH= 44
China=2233*1.67/11*3.879*44=57861

rome got
theres alot of heritage sites

Yeah, looks more or less right
For China maybe we shouldn't count duration for 2200 years? :confused:

Well, I used this pic as a reference for the borders. The value was acquired as follows:
Holy Roman Empire: 844*1.33/10*0.739*107= 8876

Look's good
I would still use that value for Germany (representing the AGE of Germany), I don't think the HRE suits as a civilization or nation at all

For China maybe we shouldn't count duration for 2200 years? :confused:
Well, I don't really see a problem with China having such a huge score. It just shows China's longevity and important place in world history.
However, maybe the civs already in the game should be separated to a different list than the ones that aren't in (yet).

I would still use that value for Germany (representing the AGE of Germany), I don't think the HRE suits as a civilization or nation at all
Well, considering that the Landsknecht is a German unique unit, you're probably right, HRE will probably not be a civ in CiV.
And the duration and MB would have to be altered if the value would be used for Germany.

There have been inuits in greenland for way longer than 1000 years, about 5000, I don't see why to penalize them for not establishing a state. also, as I said a bazillian times I use latin america as a continent so usa and canada is another one. I only gave them X1 mb, also there are 4 UNESCO the people who lived in greenland are inuits

Just physical presence wasn't supposed to be what we're counting. Otherwise, the Polynesians would spike up. We used one of two empires for Polynesia (either Tongan or Hawaiian) and limited the number to 200 or 300 years. It gets a dramatically skewed result if you just count any existence in an area - especially the Inuit who were free from any outside influence so their culture never had to compete to stay intact.

There's been no organized state that controlled both, but they were both part of the Polynesian civilization. This is hard to fit in the formula. I calculated the 400-500 years of the Tui'Tonga empire for the duration. But it's clear that the entire Polynesian superculture is included as far as population, world heritage sites, etc.

What was the duration number? If it was shorter than 300 years, use that one from Tonga (alternatively, you can go with 550 years to take the legends at their most generous).

So polynesia should be 550?
9 heritage sites
550*1.33/2*0.029*11=117

What duration would you use for the Inuits?

I probably would use 300, but, either way, it's going to be a relatively low number. While I'm willing to credit Tongan legends, I recognize they're distorted. People throughout history have a tendency to extend the length of their empire longer than it actually existed based on distorted foundation myths. But even if you gave them an extra 250 years, it isn't going to dramatically improve them in this formula.

The biggest thing I have for Polynesia is something that's not represented at all and that's their achievement in Pacific expansion. They invented new technologies and were very impressive. It's reflected in the game and it's their most fun feature, but it's not tangible enough to be in the formula. Unfortunately, I think there has to be a recognition that, while the formula might be right 90% of the time, some will slip through the cracks.

With 300 years it's 64, so the value in the OP is reasonable
What duration would you use for the Inuits?

Unfortunately, I think there has to be a recognition that, while the formula might be right 90% of the time, some will slip through the cracks.

Of course, this is only for fun
The formula works to some extent - surprisingly well in a few cases - but doesn't really have any real statistical or factual reasons why to use exactly those attributes and constants

I'm curious to know what kind of score would Finland get? :D

Perhaps duration should be from ~1 AD (could be earlier : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Finland#Neolithic , but guess later would be more appropriate).

I do not have the time to count this right now, but perhaps someone else could get the score? :cool:

Well, if we consider the duration to begin from 1809 (granted, the country was under Russian rule, but had autonomy, so I think it to be an appropriate year) the score would be as follows:

Finland: 203*1.67/10*0.739*9 = 225

Perhaps duration should be from ~1 AD (could be earlier : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Finland#Neolithic , but guess later would be more appropriate).

I do not have the time to count this right now, but perhaps someone else could get the score? :cool:

Finland could count at earliest from 1809, but even that's a huge exaggaration when you compare it to other civs:
"On 29 March 1809, having been taken over by the armies of Alexander I of Russia in the Finnish War, Finland became an autonomous Grand Duchy in the Russian Empire until the end of 1917. In 1811 Alexander I incorporated Russian Vyborg province into Grand Duchy of Finland. During the Russian era, the Finnish language began to gain recognition. From the 1860s onwards, a strong Finnish nationalist movement known as the Fennoman movement grew. Milestones included the publication of what would become Finland's national epic—the Kalevala—in 1835, and the Finnish language's achieving equal legal status with Swedish in 1892."

Even then (with 1809-2012) it would score relatively low:
203*1.67/10*0.739*9=225

EDIT: :lol: EdwardB just ninja'd me :)

Top Bottom