New gods and kings civ formula

I don't think your calculation is too accurate, some of those multipliers are just out of thin air
Nevertheless, I did Hungary for fun

Hungary = 6057
D=1117 (895-2012 in the Carpathian-basin)
MB=1.67
C=8 without GK, additional 5 with GK - wasn't sure what did you use for other European civs
PC=0.74
CH=24 if only counting the ones which were under hungarian rule for at least a couple hundred years (under modern borders: 8 Hungary, 5 Slovakia, 1 Ukraine, 5 Romania, 5 Croatia)
Additional 16 if you really count AGE - mostly from eastern Austria, Bohemia, Silezia and the Bosnia-Serbia region (under Matthias Cornivus)
One could even argue that Hungary ruled Poland and a couple other countries in a personal union on several occasions - most notably under Louis I - but I don't think it's wise to get into personal unions and vassals, it would only mess things up even more. Anyway, if that's the AGE, in that case it would be even more:
Spoiler :

don't ant to offend anyone, but are you sure you count Hungary as having survived continuously from 895-2012? I mean, I know Austro-Hungary definitely wasn't Austria (like some people believe) but it also wasn't Hungary.

Yeah, the idea time period should be the Kingdom of Hungary, so ending in 1300 or 1400.

Yeah, the idea time period should be the Kingdom of Hungary, so ending in 1300 or 1400.

Wouldn't Hungary's fall be 1867, I mean though it suffered a huge split and during the renaissence it technically only fell in 1867

It wasn't really effectively in charge for a long time. If anything, 1867 represented a rise in influence even if it wasn't independent.

2951 is the updated Hungary result, I think I'll do Serbia or Yugoslavia next due to my creepy obsession with the Western Balkans.

Just did a huge edit on OP to celebrate that 10 civs have been calculated

don't ant to offend anyone, but are you sure you count Hungary as having survived continuously from 895-2012? I mean, I know Austro-Hungary definitely wasn't Austria (like some people believe) but it also wasn't Hungary.

Yeah it's a difficult question
De jure there was a separate Kingdom of Hungary under the Habsburgs too ("The Kingdom of Hungary was a country in Central Europe covering what is today Hungary, Slovakia, Croatia (except Istria), Transylvania (now part of Romania), Carpatho Ruthenia (now part of Ukraine), Vojvodina (now part of Serbia), Burgenland (now part of Austria), and other smaller territories surrounding present-day Hungary's borders. The kingdom existed for almost one thousand years (1000-1918 and 1920-1946) and at various points was regarded as one of the cultural centers of the Western world."), and the Habsburg emperors had to be elected kings of Hungary
De facto Hungary wasn't separate at all from Austria, and it was far from a personal-union

I can live with counting them as continuous entity only until somewhere in the 16th century
But I'm really curios then, what did you use for medieval Poland's "lifespan"?
And what did you use for Serbia? It seems a little much for them at first glance...
Also, why did you leave out Hungary from your OP?

Also, how an earth did you got 40000 for Brazil?
Duration=190 (1822-2012)
Modern Bonus=2 (but maybe 1.67 is more accurate)
Civs on continent=1
Population of continent=0.387
World Heritage=18 (this is only the modern number, so may be a little more on Brazil's greatest extent, but not by much)

Brazil=190*2/3*0.387*20=980

Can you share with us your calculation on Poland and Serbia?
I'm really curious what was the Duration you used for them

Yea I am pretty sure Brazil's numbers are off too.

Also, how an earth did you got 40000 for Brazil?
Duration=190 (1822-2012)
Modern Bonus=2 (but maybe 1.67 is more accurate)
Civs on continent=1
Population of continent=0.387
World Heritage=18 (this is only the modern number, so may be a little more on Brazil's greatest extent, but not by much)

Brazil=190*2/3*0.387*20=980

You are right, something is wrong, just as a fyi I use Latin America as a continent and USA/Canada as another because the reason I have continents in the formula at all is that I want to represent as many different cultures as possibe, and culturally mexico is closer to colombia than canada

You are right, something is wrong, just as a fyi I use Latin America as a continent and USA/Canada as another because the reason I have continents in the formula at all is that I want to represent as many different cultures as possibe, and culturally mexico is closer to colombia than canada

Lets just use the North America/South America Definition.

Panama upwards is North America. South of Panama is South America. Easier and accepted by most people.

983 for brazil, guess I screwed up with brackets, nice catch absinthered

Lets just use the North America/South America Definition.

Panama upwards is North America. South of Panama is South America. Easier and accepted by most people.
Sorry, I would but I'd have to revise a bunch of civ's score, if people want they can use this, though I agree these are continents geographically I'm sticking to my latin america

Sorry, I would but I'd have to revise a bunch of civ's score, if people want they can use this, though I agree these are continents geographically I'm sticking to my latin america

Alright, but for future ones I would use the continents. And besides as a half Guatemalan its not like we don't identify ourselves as North American. (We do if that wasn't clear).

And besides as a half Guatemalan its not like we don't identify ourselves as North American. (We do if that wasn't clear).

But, to be fair I'm half brazilian, which is probably why I didn't double check brazil for so long :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A small revision for Brazil:

Duration: 123 (Republic); 190 (Empire); 512 (Colony).
Modern Bonus: 2 (Republic); 1,67 (Empire); 1,33 (Colony).
Civs in the same continent: 1
Modern population in the continent: 387mi
UNESCO heritage sites: 18 + 1 (Colônia do Sacramento; I believe it's the only one outside modern Brazil)

So we'd have: 666 (Republic); 859 (Empire); 1844 (Colony).

Top Bottom