New gods and kings civ formula

A small revision for Brazil:

Duration: 123 (Republic); 190 (Empire); 512 (Colony).
Modern Bonus: 2 (Republic); 1,67 (Empire); 1,33 (Colony).
Civs in the same continent: 1
Modern population in the continent: 387mi
UNESCO heritage sites: 18 + 1 (Colônia do Sacramento; I believe it's the only one outside modern Brazil)

So we'd have: 666 (Republic); 859 (Empire); 1844 (Colony).

you used south america, I used latin america, you got 859, I got 983 I'll stick with my way you stick with yours

2318.4 is the score for the inuit, the reason it did so well is that inuits have been living in denmark for quite a lot of time

Thank you. I think you mean Greenland, not Denmark, but it is good to see their results.

Thank you. I think you mean Greenland, not Denmark,

:blush::blush: You're absolutely right. Also you're welcome, I thought you'd be glad to know that, out of all the civs that haven't been confirmed that I tested, only Hungary (which almost definitely won't be released in the same xPack as Austria) and Poland beat it.

I was bored, decided to add a graph showing the volume of the usage of all the civ's names in books

For the Inuit, what did you use for Duration?
There wasn't any 'Inuit Empire" at all
Also there is no government, and never were. They don't really get a modern bonus. Maybe 1.33 for still existing
And there are at top 3 UNESCO Heritage sites on at least partly Inuit populated lands
Also, there are already 4 civs on their continent
So I can't figure out how did you get more than 2000 for them, at first glance they should be lower than Brazil...

Even when counting them for 1000 years - which is very generous, when you compare it how you counted Duration for other civs - the result is:
1000*1.33/6*0.529*5=586

For the Inuit, what did you use for Duration?
There wasn't any 'Inuit Empire" at all
Also there is no government, and never were. They don't really get a modern bonus. Maybe 1.33 for still existing
And there are at top 3 UNESCO Heritage sites on at least partly Inuit populated lands
Also, there are already 4 civs on their continent
So I can't figure out how did you get more than 2000 for them, at first glance they should be lower than Brazil...

Even when counting them for 1000 years - which is very generous, when you compare it how you counted Duration for other civs - the result is:
1000*1.33/6*0.529*5=586

There have been inuits in greenland for way longer than 1000 years, about 5000, I don't see why to penalize them for not establishing a state. also, as I said a bazillian times I use latin america as a continent so usa and canada is another one. I only gave them X1 mb, also there are 4 UNESCO the people who lived in greenland are inuits

There have been inuits in greenland for way longer than 1000 years, about 5000, I don't see why to penalize them for not establishing a state. also, as I said a bazillian times I use latin america as a continent so usa and canada is another one. I only gave them X1 mb, also there are 4 UNESCO the people who lived in greenland are inuits

What are you talking about?
"Inuit are the descendants of what anthropologists call the Thule culture, who emerged from western Alaska, after crossing the land bridge from Asia, around 1000 AD and spread eastwards across the Arctic. They displaced the related Dorset culture, the last major Paleo-Eskimo culture (in Inuktitut, called the Tuniit). Inuit legends speak of the Tuniit as "giants", people who were taller and stronger than the Inuit"

Even the Thule culture (proto-Inuits) didn't develop until 1000 AD
Also the Inuits spread to Greenland in the 13th century :crazyeye:
Actually you should use even less than 1000 years, somewhere around 800

And my main point: even if Inuits were around Greenland for 5000 years (which is obviously not true), how could you really count with 5000 Duration for them?
While you only counted Hungary until 1538 - it even had a separate Parliament under the Habsburgs for god's sake; I guess you also counted Poland only when they were a totally separate kingdom/grand duchy, and only counted Brazil for 190 years...
I don't want to hurt your opinions on this at all, but this seems very unfair :/

What are you talking about?
"Inuit are the descendants of what anthropologists call the Thule culture, who emerged from western Alaska, after crossing the land bridge from Asia, around 1000 AD and spread eastwards across the Arctic. They displaced the related Dorset culture, the last major Paleo-Eskimo culture (in Inuktitut, called the Tuniit). Inuit legends speak of the Tuniit as "giants", people who were taller and stronger than the Inuit"

Even the Thule culture (proto-Inuits) didn't develop until 1000 AD
Also the Inuits spread to Greenland in the 13th century :crazyeye:
Actually you should use even less than 1000 years, somewhere around 800

And my main point: even if Inuits were around Greenland for 5000 years (which is obviously not true), how could you really count with 5000 Duration for them?
While you only counted Hungary until 1538 - it even had a separate Parliament under the Hagsburgs for god's sake, I guess you also counted Poland when they were a totally separate kingdom/grand duchy, and only counted Brazil for 190 years...
edit:changed mind, keeping it as inuit, revising data

Btw, you used both Holland and Netherlands in your books graph ;)
Was it intentional?

Interestingly enough, according to my calculations using the formula, Sweden would easily outweigh Denmark as a Civilization to be added, should Denmark not already be in the game.
The values I got were as follows:
Denmark: 808
Sweden: 1810

C-value used (6) is civs prior to G&K, not including Denmark. Duration used for Denmark is 1047, beginning from the reign of Harald Bluetooth and duration for Sweden is 489, beginning from the reign of Gustav Vasa.

Interestingly enough, according to my calculations using the formula, Sweden would easily outweigh Denmark as a Civilization to be added, should Denmark not already be in the game.
The values I got were as follows:
Denmark: 862
Sweden: 1810

C-value used (6) is civs prior to G&K, not including Denmark. Duration used for Denmark is 1047, beginning from the reign of Harald Bluetooth and duration for Sweden is 489, beginning from the reign of Gustav Vasa.

Seems reasonable
But I used 8 civs for the other European civs
So maybe those values should be slightly lower if we want to keep it in line with them

Seems reasonable
But I used 8 civs for the other European civs
So maybe those values should be slightly lower if we want to keep it in line with them
Well, I forgot to count Russia, so that's probably it :p
With a C-value of eight the values are as follows:
Denmark: 646
Sweden: 1448
The Denmark value is of course corrupt, because C=8 means that the value is the weight of Denmark added, though it's already in the game.

Actually, for Denmark I counted 13 World Heritage sites (with Norway, Iceland and Greenland)
For Sweden 21 sites (With Finland, Estonia and Latvia).
Those easily fit into the greatest extent IMO
Also, using only 7 European civs for Denmark

If duration is 1047 for Denmark and 489 for Sweden like you said:
Denmark: 1047*1.67/9*0.739*15=2154
Sweden: 489*2/10*0.739*23=1662

The result looks pretty reasonable

EDIT: updated Denmark

Btw, you used both Holland and Netherlands in your books graph ;)
Was it intentional?

yes, I didn't want to put one in because for most of the time holland beats netherlands, but in modern times its the opposite, so I wanted to show how much it was used both a while ago and now
If that makes any sense

If duration is 1047 for Denmark and 489 for Sweden like you said:
Denmark: 1047*1.67/9*0.739*15=2154
Sweden: 489*2/10*0.739*23=1662

The result looks pretty reasonable

Yea, that looks correct, I actually forgot to add the UNESCO sites of Norway for Denmark, so that's what made my value for Denmark to be off so much...
I agree with your values, except not quite sure of the MB of 2 for Sweden. Wouldn't 1.67 be more appropriate?

EDIT: Actually, there's one UNESCO site in Norway and one in Russia that fall to the AGE of Sweden, so the last multiplier should be 25.
EDIT 2: And two more in Germany, so 27.
EDIT 3: So in my opinion the value for Sweden should be
Sweden: 489*1.67/10*0.739*27=1629

Top Bottom